Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDWOW delivery problems

Options
  • 10-12-2007 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of problems with deliveries from CDWOW ? I recently ordered two CDs from their website and they were send seperately a few days apart. Neither package was delivered. CDWOW say they are carrying out investigations with the post office and the gardai as they see this happenning quite frequently. I find it hard to believe that both packages would "disappear" in the post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

My misses has had and has send them a couple of stinker emails, after their text book answers were contradicting each other.

She demanded a refund after being patient enough.

I'll point her to your post, she might have something too add.

Cheers,
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

tammy@cd-wow.com is the e-mail address of the customer service director if you are having a problem

I went to her by e-mail when i had a few problems with CD wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I never had any problems with them in regards to missing disks, as the only one I had was a wrong item delivered a year ago. And when I contacted them the sorted it out quickly , but I have stopped ordering from them a while ago, when I had an issue in that 2 disks I ordered never got sent, and I waited a month, I asked for my money back and got it. This was just before the company changed hands. I think they should stop taking the money before the send the disks like, play.com do. So for the moment I will be sticking to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

This is rediculous I bought CoD 4 off of them, I got a notification email from them on Dec 3rd saying that my order had been dispatched ( even though when I checked my account on their website a day or two before it said it was dispatched. The Game still has not arrived. I tried to send them an email yesterday to help@cdwow.ie which is listed at the bottem of teh confirmation email as a place you can contact for help. Well that is not even an email address yahoo was not able to send anything to that address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

yeah, i ordered cd for prezzies - and its taken approx 2 weeks for them to arrive.
    one CD came from finland or wherever and the other from HongKong.

I guess i'm lucky to have got them tho' this side of xmas going by other peoples experiences. Hope you get your cds soon if your waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

A similiar experience to report I'm afraid. Ordered a DVD boxset on 23 Nov., despatched on the 29th Nov. still no sign of it! Customer services are asking me to wait another 7 days. This is for a present so it is annoying at this stage. No effective tracking once it's left the warehouse from what I can see.

Yeah the feature they like to call tracking is pointless. I sent an email to Tammy's email address above and she gave me a full refund. Here is the email I got.
    Hi

Thank you for your email although apologies that your item has not arrived.

We are currently carrying out an investigation with the relevant Postal Authorities as we have noticed a growing trend whereby customers in Ireland appear not to be receiving their goods. We believe this to be a localised matter since no other countries are experiencing such problems and this has only been happening since the beginning of December and has affected random orders.

Since it is nearing Christmas and at this stage we are no longer resending any goods to Ireland until the investigation concludes, I will, on this occasion, arrange for a refund to be issued against this missing Game. When you do receive it however, I would ask that you either return it or contact us so that we can arrange to take payment in light of the refund that is being arranged.

Kind regards

Tammy

CD WOW! Customer Service Director

www.cd-wow.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

One possible reason for this could be that there is always a postal delay around this time of year, in Ireland especially, due to the high volume of Christmas cards being sent. Just a thought, but this might be why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Give it time, it took just over 6 weeks for a game to arrive for me from when the webstie said it was dispatched so I wouldn't be contacting the gardai yet.

On the subject of CD WOW, are they located within the EU and if not, that means you can be hit with import tax, right?

• Advertisement

THey are in the EU as far as I am aware. I initially thought it was An Post's fault. But I ordered a package from america on tuesday and it got here Today!!! As opposed to me getting confirmation that my game from CD wow had been shipped on Dec 3rd and it still has not arrived yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

They're based in England I believe. Based on how long it's taken An Post to send my dad's tax disc in the post (tax office posted it on 28th November and it still hasn't arrived) even if CDWOW itself wasn't having problem there's no guarantee An Poist would delivery it in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It maybe that customs and excise are seizing the packages pending the payment of import duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I ordered a dvd boxset from them on the 22nd of November & it was shipped on the 26th but still hasn't arrived. I got a cd last week that was shipped on the 23rd though, so I'll hold off contacting them until next week. Its a Christmas pressie though, so will have to buy it locally if it doesn't arrive soon.

I don't know if its all cd wow though. We usually send tons of paper orders in the post in work & all through november it was taking the post office up to 3 weeks to deliver the letters & they were all local addresses...

Bond-007 wrote: »
    It maybe that customs and excise are seizing the packages pending the payment of import duty?

If it's located in the EU though, there can't be import duty on it.

Alot of it comes from Hong Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

They used to ship from Hong Kong before the court case and before they were bought. Even so, their CDs used to arrive within a week without fail - at least in my experience.
    Most of the stuff I buy from the US arrives within 3-4 working days, but if I happen to get something from the UK, it's a minimum 3 week wait.

Amazing.

coxy123 wrote: »
    A similiar experience to report I'm afraid. Ordered a DVD boxset on 23 Nov., despatched on the 29th Nov. still no sign of it! Customer services are asking me to wait another 7 days. This is for a present so it is annoying at this stage. No effective tracking once it's left the warehouse from what I can see.

:mad:Just to let you know I still have not got the boxset. Will keep you up-dated. If only I had known in advance of the delays etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I put an order in for Transformers because they sent me a 3 euro voucher. I had no intention of using them again, but decided that a test was in order. Anyway, order said dispatched on the 11th of Dec, last Tuesday, and it arrived today. 1 week delivery there, not too bad.

So it would seem they are still hit and miss, more miss going by this thread but that could be because the happy people aren't saying anything.

It still shipped from Hong Kong so that may account for some of the delay, could also lead to customs and VAT charges if the value is high enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have heard that at christmas time an post bring in external staff to sort and deliver post. Play & cdwow packages are easily identifiable and so get robbed. I got some packages opened up, looked cut open not wear & tear, cd still inside, probably didnt like the band! Other years posters here found their empty play boxes in bushes near their house with the address on them, no cd/dvd.

I think some had either play or cdwow refuse to sell to them anymore.

In the US I think stealing post, e.g. a postman doing it, gets something crazy like 10 years jailtime. Should be the same here IMO, far to easy to do.

• Advertisement

coxy123 wrote: »
    :mad:Just to let you know I still have not got the boxset. Will keep you up-dated. If only I had known in advance of the delays etc.

Got the boxset this morning from cdwow. Some delay with the postage side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Ordered Call of Duty 4 on the 12th, and still nowt. Looking unlikely its gonna come this side of Christmas, which is a cnut as it was a present.

Play on the other hand delivered Guitar Hero's 3, big hefty box, yesterday after only being ordered on the 17th.

Think i'll be sticking to play from now on. That 'tracking' facility of cdwow's is an infuriating joke.

CD Wow were promising that orders placed by the 14th would be delivered by christmas. It now seems this is not going to happen. I got an email this morning telling me that a dvd I ordered on the 14th was posted.

It seems the change of management has done nothing to clean up their act.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I was going to start on a thread on consumer issues but this will do! I ordered on the 13th and still no sign of a dispatch email. Sent them a mail asking for an update and pointing out that the assured customers they were back to business! What a joke. I will NEVER use them again. I would rather pay the extra money on other sites as I would know the goods will arrive...

Bond-007 wrote: »
    CD Wow were promising that orders placed by the 14th would be delivered by christmas. It now seems this is not going to happen. I got an email this morning telling me that a dvd I ordered on the 14th was posted.

It seems the change of management has done nothing to clean up their act.

I ordered something from CD WOW on the 13th thinking "Ah, great, will watch that over the holidays" and it was only shipped yesterday! Thankfully I wasn't ordering it as a present and I can wait, but it's damn annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

I ordered a DVD from them at the very start of December.
    It hasn't arrived yet. I picked it up in Borders on Friday.

They've lost me a customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭Sarn

Ordered a DVD on the 8th, no dispatch by the 15th so I cancelled it (I found it in town for a few € cheaper). Got a confirmation that it was cancelled on the same day. On the 21st I got a dispatch notification. Guess it's their problem now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'm surprised anybody would still be using them after the fiasco in June. They were having problems with their suppliers after a court decision went against them. I ordered two CDs around then and they took over a month to arrive. I vowed never to use them again.

I have had 4 dispatch emails for a DVD ordered on 14th December with the latest one yesterday. Still not received it yet. It was a 9.99 dvd with a 3 euro voucher so I am not too worried but I would not order from them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I ordered a DVD from them and it was dispatched on the 24 December I think and it came today. I ordered another DVD and it was dispatched on the 13 December and came the 23 December.

Advertisement