Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shawshank Redemption: 10th Anniversary Special Edition (3 DVD) [£5.99@HMV.co.uk]

Options
  • 21-11-2007 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Link here.

3711506623.JPG
    City Banker Andy Dufresne is in Shawshank State Prison after receiving a double life sentence for murder. There he meets Red and also forms friendships with the warden and prison guards. Andy soon finds that you either get on with living or you get on with dying.

In writer-director Frank Darabont's THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) is sentenced to two consecutive life terms in prison for the murders of his wife and her lover in the late 1940s. However, only Andy knows that he didn't commit the crimes. Sent to Shawshank Prison to do hard time, Andy--a taciturn banker in the outside world--has to learn to get by in the brutal, cutthroat confines of prison life. His quiet strength slowly earns the respect of his fellow inmates--most notably, Red (Morgan Freeman)--and even much of the prison staff. But Andy's seemingly stoic acceptance of his unjust imprisonment hides a fierce determination for freedom. This beautifully crafted movie features touching and sincere performances from the entire cast, with an uplifting message about humanity's indomitable spirit and the redemptive value of hope. Based on the novella RITA HAYWORTH AND SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION by Stephen King, Darabont's intriguing adaptation is easily one of the finest films of the 1990s.

dvd information

* dvd features
    * cast and crew information

3 DVD Set - Special Features

* Audio Commentary By Director Frank Darabont
    * Hope Springs Eternal: A Look Back - Documentary
    * Shawshank: The Redeeming Feature- Making Of Documentary Presented By Mark Kermode (48 Minutes)
    * Charlie Rose Show Episode Featuring Darabont and Stars Tim Robbins And Morgan Freeman (2004 US Broadcast)
    * Interviews With Actors - Tim Robbins (27 Minutes), Morgan Freeman (21 Minutes), Bob Gunton (38 Minutes), William Sadler (32 Minutes) & Clancy Brown (16 Minutes)
    * Shawshank Stills Gallery
    * Original On Location Footage
    * Shawshank Storyboards
    * Original Theatrical Trailer & New Theatrical Trailer
    * Biographies
    * Memorable Quotes
    * Widescreen 1.85:1 Anamorphic
    * Dolby Digital 5.1 / Dolby Digital DTS 5.1 / Dolby Digital 2.0
    * Languages - English
    * Audio Descriptive English Track For The Visually Impaired

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bargain for still my favourite film ever made!

I saw this in my local Xtra-Vision had this for a tenner recently.. but when i went in the next day to buy it (no cash with me when i saw it), they had no copies left! :(

So this'll do.. i need to update my crummy 2 channel sound copy!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I made one of part of the Shawshank soundtrack as my phone alarm in the mornings!

Don't need another copy though it's amazing how such a good film is always cropping up for half-nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Not bad at that price as i see Shawshank Redemption 1disc is for 3.99!

I was lucky enough to get the 2-disc at a car bootsale for E2 a while back, some young fella was selling it, maybe not a fan or didnt know the price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Thanks standbyme,brother will love this :D

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Thanks standbyme,brother will love this :D

Most of the credit should go to Ruu for starting this ;)
    But thanks for that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

standbyme wrote: »
    Most of the credit should go to Ruu for starting this ;)
    But thanks for that :D

lol sorry Ruu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

excellent movie thanks ruu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Prefer Prison Break meself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

sorry to be greedy, but any HMV coupon codes ??

Yeah.. bunch of them though none of them work! :(

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    Yeah.. bunch of them though none of them work! :(

thanks !!! ??

Oh... you wanted working ones?

.... then no.

FZ9455

this one worked !! £2 off !!

Now £5.99. Bingo !!

Thanks Basq !!

No probs

Exact reason i posted it up.. you need to try them out yourself! ;)

I couldn't get any of them working but they tend to have different results for different people / browsers.

Does the P+P £2.00 cover books as well as dvds? as it doesnt give a clear description unless i missed something?

Also i see delivery times: -> despatched within 3 weeks, thats a bit long is it?

Edit: yeah those codes dont work in Firefox or IE, as you keep getting a blank page?

Advertisement