Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl/ Silvercrest Returns/ Support?

Options
  • 05-09-2007 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Has any body ever had cause to ring Lidl/ Silvercrest support?
    I bought a Silvercrest Divx/ HDMI DVD player in Lidl back in April. Actually I didn't I got someone else to buy when I was out of the country and I never got the reciept off them. I know, I know. Any way that's not my point.

Over the past number of weeks, it's began rejecting discs, saying bad disc and generally acting the fecker. I have to turn if off, plug it out and try I don't know how many times before it'll play a disc, if ever decides to. I started returning the discs to Xtravision assuming it was the discs. I then tried the discs in other DVD players and they played no problem.

I just checked out the Silvercrest website, assuming there might be a firmware upgrade or info on returning a product for repair. However the support for the product for Ireland is just a mobile phone number.

http://www.mysilvercrest.de/en/artikel.php?a=100&av=2

This doesn't fill me with joy I have to say.

Has anybody had reason to ring any of the Lidl/ Silvercrest support numbers? What was your experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Just to update for any one else that comes across this.

I rang the number and the guy was very accommdating! They'll send out a courier to collect it and all. Very helpful! What a welcome change.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

yeah top marks to lidl for after sales service. I had a laminator pack up recently bought about year ago .Rang them and got mobile number of a guy who got it picked up next day and replaced day after.Nice not to have to jump through hoops.I was always wary of buying dear gear in lidl but not any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 tubbult

Ay Cee wrote: »
    Just to update for any one else that comes across this.

I rang the number and the guy was very accommdating! They'll send out a courier to collect it and all. Very helpful! What a welcome change.

Hi Ay Cee... ive been having the exact same problem with my dvd player for a while now!! It will play divx movies from my usb harddrive and used to always play my burned divx dvds. Now it wont play my divx dvds at all, saying that Bad Disc error which is very annoying!!

When you rang the customer support line did they give you any hassle to resolve the issue for you?? Also have you gotten your dvd player back now in working condition, and how long did it take??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Tub, I had the DVD sent back to me via Interlink if not the next day then definitely the day after. However, there was a bad batch of those DVD players. I was sent two replacements neither of which worked. The guy told that he'd be getting a new batch in, I actually keep meaning to check you've just reminded me, thanks.

No problems at all to deal with though. Very helpful.

^ thanks for the update buddy!! Will give them a shout on tuesday so. Will also let ya know how it goes. Appreciate the help ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I bought two silvercrest dvd player from lidi both stopped reading dvds. I lost the reciept and thought nothing more of it as they were cheap. Might try get them replaced what number did you ring

DingDong wrote: »
    I bought two silvercrest dvd player from lidi both stopped reading dvds. I lost the reciept and thought nothing more of it as they were cheap. Might try get them replaced what number did you ring

Im gonna call them tomorrow myself... the number i got from the support site is: 087 - 9962077.

Best of luck!!

Update: rang the support number just now and as Ay Cee said, the guy was very accommodating!! Literally told me to put the dvd player in a box and a courier would pick it up tomorrow, and they will send me a new dvd player which should arrive by Friday :D

Its nice for a change to have a quick and easy turnaround instead of the usual painful arguments with Customer Service folk!!

Final update: DVD player was collecter yesterday afternoon and I was delivered a brand new one this morning. Works perfect... actually works a hell of a lot better than the original one I had. Reads DVDs and DivX dvds so much quicker and quieter than before.

Thanks again Ay Cee for starting this thread otherwise I probably never would have rang for a replacement ;)

Seems I was a bit hasty in my above response... only had the DVD player a few hours and its broken again!! Started playing up by skipping thru discs, stalling when playing movies and now that annoying bad disc crap!!

Gonna bring it back to Lidl and get a refund and use the money to buy this instead: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=223003&source=1&C=Maplin&U=HomeBasketFillers&T=223003&DOY=29m3

Same price as the Silvercrest player.

• Advertisement
Advertisement