Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art on Stephens Green

Options
  • 29-08-2007 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭

Looking for some help here. My better half saw a painting that she would like to buy while strolling along Stephens Green two weeks ago. It was only after coming home that she realised how much she liked it. I work in town and have been checking along the Green most days to see if the artists are displaying their wares, however, no sign of the artists since. Now, my girlfriend isnt simple, and it definitely was Stephens Green that she was walking along, and I thought i would check with the brains trust on here to see if anyone knew that these art exhibitions/sales are done on set days? and if so, where the list of these set dates could be found?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

in the stephens green center there is a galery(hallway) on the very top floor im sure they will be able to help.........they sell fairly expensive originals though so they could be arrogant pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

They sell paintings at the weekends all around the railing of Merrion Square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭aonfocaleile

It was very unusal for artists to be displaying their work at Stephen's Green. I saw it myself though so she has the right location. Does Dublin city council have an arts officer? Lots of CC do and he/she might be able to help.

Post back if you have an update as some of the work was amazing and I'd love a second look myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Morgans

Thanks very much for the replies, all.

I knew about art on the merrion sq alright. And I'm guessing that it may have been the same artists displaying their talents, and the first question I had was "Are you sure it was stephen's green?", but it definitely was. The painting that she noted was an original so I dont think that the Gallery in Stephen's Green would be of much help (maybe they do have details). I have cheked the dublincity council web site and there doesnt appear to be anything. I will persevere. Thanks very much all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

There are definitely artists displaying paintings at Stephen's Green on Saturdays (and possibly Sundays but I'm not completely sure about that) - I work on Lower Baggot Street and pass them every week. If you go back there this Saturday you may spot the painting again; if not, if the same artist is there again, your girlfriend may see something else that she likes.

Good luck with the search:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,297 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Both squares have exhibitions from time to time. I imagine there is a schedule somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

There's often exhibitions during the week as well. It's hardly unusual to see things going on around or in St. Stephen's Green. Currently there are bands playing during most lunch times and there's also a production of Taming of the Shrew on next week at 1pm and 4pm .. not sure the exact location though. Oh and there's the Spirit of the Wild exhibition on throughout the Green atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I reckon it was Peoples Painting exhibition which is usually the week before Peoples Photography exhibition where the Photography forum exhibited.

If it narrows it down any bit at all, the artists in the painting one are all Dublin based from what I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Morgans

Thanks again for all the help. I will check it out on Saturday, as well as Merrion Square. Thanks once again for all the help.

Advertisement