Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

it moved me to tears, or some other reaction !!

Options
  • 17-07-2007 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

ok, so i was watching a particular movie last night for the 100,000 time and again right at the end, I started to feel a bit weird - hairs standing up on the back of my neck, my throat started to get a little tight with a weird lump forming in it, my eyes got a little blurry and started to seep a clear liquid substance. (for those of a dirty mind, i was starting to shed a tear)

after i recovered i kinda thought i would like to know what movies make the rest of ya choke up (or hurl for that matter).

oh and the movie was redemption of the shawshank kind.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Finding Nemo. The bit where all the fish are caught in the net, and the are all chanting "SWIM DOWN" while giving it all they have. Cue me crying like a girl and howling "SWIM YOU FISHY SCALY BSATARDS!" every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

No movies have ever really made me get that lump in the throat, the closet probably being the ending of Terminator 2 when Arnie lowers himself into the molten liquid. *sniff* And when he sticks up the thumb it's even more heart-wrenching *sniff* Oh God!!!

The movie that made me hurl the most was The Day After Tomorrow, Jesus what a cringe-worthy movie. Corkey Romano was probably the WORST movie I have ever seen, incredible how it got the green light and it had Sean Penn and the guy who plays Columbo (though that's not saying much!) I couldn't stop laughing and cringing at the cheapness of the movie!

I knew some people who would get choked up over the bit in Armageddon when Bruce Willis is saying goodbye to his daughter Liv Tyler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Duggy747 wrote:
    No movies have ever really made me get that lump in the throat, the closet probably being the ending of Terminator 2 when Arnie lowers himself into the molten liquid. *sniff* And when he sticks up the thumb it's even more heart-wrenching *sniff* Oh God!!!

The movie that made me hurl the most was The Day After Tomorrow, Jesus what a cringe-worthy movie. Corkey Romano was probably the WORST movie I have ever seen, incredible how it got the green light and it had Sean Penn and the guy who plays Columbo (though that's not saying much!) I couldn't stop laughing and cringing at the cheapness of the movie!

I knew some people who would get choked up over the bit in Armageddon when Bruce Willis is saying goodbye to his daughter Liv Tyler.
    Spoiler tags please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Duggy747 wrote:
    I knew some people who would get choked up over the bit in Armageddon
    when Bruce Willis is saying goodbye to his daughter Liv Tyler

Yep!:D
    Ashamed to say it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭aurel

The ending of the elephant man always gets me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Iron Giant...

"SU-PER-MAN...."

Vin Diesel is an outstanding actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Hugz at the end of Shawshank, awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Peter Jacksons King Kong. watching the movie knowing what was going to happen, seeing kong at the top of the empire state building and waiting for the inevitible. if only jack black had kept his f**king mouth shut at the end :mad:

Also, the original endng to 28 days later. so much better than the one originally released. really hit home what the characters were going through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

The end of The Truman Show moves me every time. Get goosebumps etc. Im sure there are others but this one comes to mind straight away.

The Iron Giant gets me every time. As does Serenity, Shawshank, The Green Mile and The Lake House. If only I was more manly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,041 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Grave of the Fireflies every single time, and after watching the film the beginning of the film chokes me up.

ET used to make me weep like the little child I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

ok, this is a weird one, and i cant really explain why it gets to me, it just does.

so its the untouchables and the bit where , spoiler - sean connerys character dies in a hail of bullets.
    First time I saw that - floods of tears. Maybe it was the accent !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Schlinders List. Closest I've ever come.

Also for anyone who's seen 9th Company. The part where
    The main character of sorts, the artist soldier, is shot straight through the head in the middle of a gentle, passive scene where's he painting a picture and suddenly finds himself surrounded when he looks up. Very brutal, and totally unexpected - did such a fantastic job of stressing the fact that there's no bravado as an action hero in real life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

"Teacher says, that everytime a bell rings an angel gets his wings"

"That a boy Clarence"

Everytime. Hook line and sinker!!!! Can barely breath such is the size of the lump in my throat!!!!!!!!

Oh and I'm talking about It's a Wonderful Life!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Cinema Paradiso, such a great great film!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Blow always gets me at the end!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

the only film that every really moved me was 21 grams
    moved me straight out of my cinema seat and home to wash my eyes with bleach and flash bright lights until I forgot its content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

King Kong and Run Cougar Run got to me as a kid, in more recent decades one film that had an unexpected impact was Nic Roeg's Insignificance.

There is a moment when Senator Joe McCarthy (Tony Curtis) thumps Marilyn Monroe (Theresa Russell) so hard in the stomach it made me double up and actually hit pause for 5 mins. Very strange still can't quite make out why it erm hit me like that beyond the skill of Roeg and Russell

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I almost forgot ... "The Good Shepherd" made me cry ... due the immense boredom of watching Matt Damon say nothing, or not move for 5 minutes on end, or the endless silent scenes of him walking through corridors.

ned78 wrote:
    I almost forgot ... "The Good Shepherd" made me cry ... due the immense boredom of watching Matt Damon say nothing, or not move for 5 minutes on end, or the endless silent scenes of him walking through corridors.

Ever seen Meet Joe Black?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Roger Waters' Wall gig from Berlin when the wall came down. '89 I think. Everytime it gets to the "Bring the boys back home" bit, I'm reduced to blubbering like a baby.

The scene in About Schmidt where Kathy Bates gets into the hot tub makes me throw up a little in my mouth every time I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭mobby

The Green Mile.Great Film.

Actually the end of the Color Purple really fúcks me up everytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

no mention of La Vite e bella?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

No ones mentioned The Royal Tenenbaums(the ending)? I'd also agree with whoever said Blow. Great film.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

We did this thread a couple of months back, but anyway:-
    Man on Fire caught it again at the weekend on BBC1 and that just breaks me up, particulary the scene on the bridge at the end, think u might have to have kids for it to really affect you, but anyway.
    The Green Mile
    Somewhere in time:- Romantic Time travel story with Christopher Reeves, even more sad now that Superman is dead.
    Blow was all the more sadder for me when I read that the Director Ted Demme had died of a cocain induced heart attack.
    LOTR The Return o the King
    The end of Donnie Darko as well

Snake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Said it before so I'll say it again, Pay it Forward. Close, very close. ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

Dead Poets Society, Patch Adams, Mr Hollands Opus & Jack were fairly sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Felt myself going at Rocky Balboa
    at the end of the 9th round when that music start playing

I know I should be ashamed of myself but it was Rocky godamnit!

Advertisement