Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Presto

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Was it Dell who was charging for the Dell wallpaper (5 euro or something) on their PCs or was I dreaming? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

not dreaming, Ruu...

afaik they also charge for the dell badge on the pc's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Thats madness !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

afaik they also charge for the dell badge on the pc's
    What are you on about? There's no option to buy a Dell without the Dell badge - that makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yeah, who here wants to pay for the privalage of using another crap call centre?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Get a load of this...

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/emea/topics/presto_phone/howdoi?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs

29 quid to tell me how to download a photograph, and 59 quid to tell me how to get rid of spyware?? A bit extortionate tbh, who in their right mind would pay for this crap?

If you call Sony there's an average of 10-12 minutes wait before you talk to an agent, and the call is £1.50 a minute. I know because one of my mates works for Sony. In fairness, Dell Presto's prices are fairly competitive in comparison - that doesn't mean they are reasonable though.

However, look at how many muppets have viruses and spyware on the security forum on boards. There are millions of people worldwide with more money than sense, and most of them own computers and don't know how to use them.

You buy a car, you learn how to drive it. The same can't be said about computers unfortunately, and these people along with Microsoft are keeping call centres in business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 d0nny2600

Just so ye know Dell's Presto and Sony's support is all done in the one call center!

Advertisement