This is not as disgusting as the title may suggest. However, being a male myself and someone who does NOT practice the habits I will outline below, perhaps those who do practice these things might be able to shed some light on it for me. Btw, I'm not obessesed by this - just some observances in my local last night.
1) When there are 3 cubicles in the toilet, why do some lads pick the middle one??
2) When there is no-one at the cublicles why do some men go into the conventional toilet?
3) When there are one or two lads at the cublicles, why do some guys walk into the toilet, avoid eye contact, run into the toilet with the door, close it, LOCK it!, urinate, and then come out WITHOUT WASHING THEIR HANDS!!
4) On that point, why do 90% of males not wash their hands?? (OK that figure might be a bit high!) I don't know how many times my other half or my other female friends were introduced to some rake who I know did not wash his hands.
5) Why do some blokes stand at an odd angle as if they think that you want to view their willy??!!
6) Why is it that some guys stare straight ahead, say nothing to the guy beside them, and have a bewildered look throughout the process?
7) Why do some guys stare at their manhood in awe?!
That's just a few, I have loads of others. And again, I'm not some kind of pervert, I just feel it's my social duty to document these things, just as John B.Keane observed the peculiarities of corner boys!
As for my own 'toilet style', well I go in, nod at whoever is there and exchange banalities, go about my business and then wash my hands.