Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hydrostatic testing

• 18-12-2006 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

What is the best price for hydrostatic testing this year?
    I have eight tanks which needs testing.

Some one told me they also need to have black and white paint around the neck to be approved. Is this true or is it just another way of screwing more money out of us divers?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Screwing yet more money out of divers....................never:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Yes you do need the quadrants on the cylinders. However 5 euro for a black spray can and you can do the job yourself rather than being charged 20 by the test centre (i got raped on that once myself).

Contact Lambay Diving - http://www.lambaydiving.com/ - for an up to date price list. Got my cylinders done by George last summer and he was quick and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

Got an O2 clean done by George in August before a trip to Scapa. Top man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Scania

Here is what First Stage has to say about the black and white paint, appart from giving me a much better price than the other Dublin outlets:

The black and white quartering of the Cylinders is only required if the
    Diver is at work ......Being paid, this is to keep within HSA guidelines.
    Amateur sport divers do not require it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

Scania wrote:
    The black and white quartering of the Cylinders is only required if the
    Diver is at work ......Being paid, this is to keep within HSA guidelines.
    Amateur sport divers do not require it.

This is excalty right. For the hundereds of cylinders I tested I think I only ever quartered about two, because there are only a few people actually working in the industry. But is a good idea none the less.

Ian

• Advertisement
Advertisement