Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Access Eircom Router

Options
  • 17-10-2006 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey,

I'm on a eircom bband package with a netopia router and i can't access it any more. any one else ever have this issue/suggestions to remedy it?

http://167.128.1.1/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

102091101 wrote:
    That IP address is registered to a company in Oregon in the US. I'm pretty sure they're not using eircom DSL :D.

Try http://192.168.1.254

• Registered Users Posts: 28 102091101

that's me outed as a dumbass!

Thanks, for not ribbing me too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 102091101

just for posterity, the address i was using is a default router config page in america , just had it in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

102091101 wrote: »
    just for posterity, the address i was using is a default router config page in america , just had it in my head

I'm pretty sure it ain't. 192.168.0.1 is the default for almost all routers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

72hundred wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it ain't. 192.168.0.1 is the default for almost all routers.

Not sure why you are bringing this up now but to avoid any confusion the Netopia one is given correctly above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

dub45 wrote: »
    Not sure why you are bringing this up now but to avoid any confusion the Netopia one is given correctly above.

I google'd it ("how to access eircom router"), and this was the first page that came up. Thought that since it was the first page on google ppl should know the default router access page is something like 192.168.0.1 for most routers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

All eircom routers are 192.168.1.254 other routers can be anything at all.

Ancient thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement