Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Last scene ...

Options
  • 11-07-2006 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Was watching Brick last night , i think the last scene in the football field is just brilliant ...whats the best last scene ever lets get going !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

I think the last scene in Brokeback Mountain was phenomenal - a real tear jerker.

For stand up and cheer last scenes, the Aussies do it best - Strictly Ballroom (where he slides in on his knees, WOW!)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Wickerman, with all the villagers standing in a circle chanting as the sun goes down and Sergeant Howey meets his fate. Creepy as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Fight Club

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

SE7EN. Best ending ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

A Clockwork Orange.

Unfortunatly the book is far more depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The Wickerman (as mentioned) and the Usual Suspects (as Agent Kujan looks at the noticeboard and realises.....) are my two favourites.

Honourable mentions go to Donnie Darko (the little wave) and The Sixth Sense (even if you did cop on the first time you saw it, the last scene was done well).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Medium Cool (1969), won't give the final moment away but its an arresting image the first time you see it.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Attack the gas station!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A bit of an oldie here, Im sure everyone has seen it but anyway as the thread below me said :) Starman,
    where Jeff Bridges leaves Earth
    *cries like a blubbering fool*

• Registered Users Posts: 43,818 ✭✭✭✭Basq

THIS THREAD NEEDS SPOILERS!

Another list type thread! :rolleyes: There's so many best last scene(s) for me.. just looking over at my DVD rack and got the following:

Reservoir Dogs -
    the brillant nerve-racking face-off!
    Pulp Fiction -
    just for that final image with Jules and Vincent pushing their guns down the back of their shorts.
    Shawshank Redemption -
    Red and Andy meeting on the beach
    Good Will Hunting -
    Will's letter to Sean ("Sean, if the Professor calls about that job, just tell him, sorry, I have to go see about a girl.") with Will car's driving off into the distance over Elliott Smith IIRC.. brillance!
    Seven -
    who could forget this?! "Become Wrath!"

Just some of many i can see on my DVD rack..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Robocop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blade Runner (the directors cut So called). 2001 though not the first time, as it seems anti-climatic. But it works after the star-gate mind rush.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

We just naming films again? Grr.

Blair witch project. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Wild at Heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

basquille wrote:
    Another list type thread! :rolleyes:

Indeed...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement