Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experience w/ tattoo dublin?

Options
  • 17-06-2006 8:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

Has anyone been worked on by Pluto @ Tatoo Dublin? I checked out his website but thought some local info would be helpful. Info such as quality / satisfaction w/ his work, price etc. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

That Pluto up on Dorset St.? I hear he's fairly good, never had anything done by him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

Yep, the one on Upper Dorset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I went to Pluto twice and can say he was the best out of the places I've been.
    You will have to go into him and make an appointment and put down a deposit, prolly a couple of weeks wait.

I'll try get hold of a digital camera tomorrow and upload my tatts done by him. Only downside of going to Pluto is that he tattoos you in his shop window and people tend to gather outside the window and look. Can put you off a little when you’re trying to concentrate on staying still, especially if hot chicks are walking by the window.

p.s. he appears at first to be a little gruff, but is quite a sound and funny bloke. Likes to blare the radio while working and generally makes your tattoo experience a pleasant one. He applies the spray and rubs the arm down more regularly than other tattooists I've been to while getting done which means you don't feel as raw.

Thanks! He's gruff probably because he's a biker. I'm one too and I think it's from eating too many bugs whilst travelling @ 70 mph!:D

coyote6 wrote:
    Has anyone been worked on by Pluto @ Tatoo Dublin? I checked out his website but thought some local info would be helpful. Info such as quality / satisfaction w/ his work, price etc. Thanks.

ok, I uploaded a few a few tatts I got done by pluto on dorset street and eagle down on bolton street.

The Aztec sun and the Celtic armband were done by Pluto.(aztec tatt cost 180euro celtic band cost 160euro

The other Celtic tatt and the klingon symbol was done by Eagle. celtic tatt cost about 120 I think(was a while ago) and kligon tatt cost about 40 irish punts back in the day.

plutoactec1.jpg
    by pluto

plutoaztec.jpg
    by pluto

plutoaztec3.jpg
    by pluto

plutoaztec2.jpg
    by pluto

plutocaelticband.jpg
    by pluto

plutocelticband2.jpg
    by pluto

Eagleceltic.jpg
    by eagle

eagleklingon.jpg
    by eagle

• Advertisement

I like the sun and the arm band. Nice stuff. It's nice to see knotwork done well! I think I'll contact him about a large high cross on my back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

when you say eagle, do you mean johnny eagle or someone in one of his studios?

Kastro wrote:
    when you say eagle, do you mean johnny eagle or someone in one of his studios?
    I assume it was Johnny eagle. The two times I went to the studio (beside Bolton Street College) he was the only bloke working there. The bloke who done the Celtic tatt and klingon one above had a native american Indian tattoo. I assumed him to be Johnny eagle seen as he was the only one working there when I was done (in 1998 and again in about 2001/02 sometime) and he had the keys to the shop. I could be wrong, it could have been someone who worked there but I never seen anyone else around so I assume it was Johnny eagle himself.

big man.. red hair tied up..
    kind looks like he could kill you in a wink..
    going out with mary.. blond hair normally with him on closing of the shops?
    jaysus i sound like a stalker.......

maybe it cause i hang out with marys son jimmy..

nah thats not the dude who done me. Must just be someone working for him so.
    This fella was bout 5 11', average build, short hair. nothing remarkable about him. Makes weak cups of tea but its still more than any other tattooist offered me so can't complain.

• Advertisement

ahhh that must be aaron.. dnt think hes working for em anymore.. honestally if there was ever a man who tattood like a robot or a cnc machine.. hes so precise and take great pride in his work.. when that mans not tattooin hes drawing, painting or doing something creative..
    hes mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KELLY13

clown bag wrote: »
    ok, I uploaded a few a few tatts I got done by pluto on dorset street and eagle down on bolton street.

The Aztec sun and the Celtic armband were done by Pluto.(aztec tatt cost 180euro celtic band cost 160euro

The other Celtic tatt and the klingon symbol was done by Eagle. celtic tatt cost about 120 I think(was a while ago) and kligon tatt cost about 40 irish punts back in the day.

plutoactec1.jpg
    by pluto

plutoaztec.jpg
    by pluto

plutoaztec3.jpg
    by pluto

plutoaztec2.jpg
    by pluto

plutocaelticband.jpg
    by pluto

plutocelticband2.jpg
    by pluto

Eagleceltic.jpg
    by eagle

eagleklingon.jpg
    by eagle
    HI, I see you got a tattoo by Johnny Eagle. Can you tell me where he is or a phone no. I want to get a tat and been told to go to him but don't know where he is or if you need to make an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

That last one doesn't look so great. How old is it?

EDIT:

Just realised how old this thread is. Apologies.

Advertisement