Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-03-2006, 11:43   #1
Cr8or

Paid Surveys, Irish Opinions?

I signed up for Irish Opinions a Paid Survey service a 6 months ago... the service seems like a bit of a scam... just to quote what they offer you:

Quote:
For every survey that you complete, your Irish Opinions account will be credited (typically with between €1 and €2). When your account balance reaches €10, we will reward you with a gift voucher for one of a range of well-known high street and Internet shops.
The scam seems to be the number of surveys they send you never reaches the €10 euro mark. Since I signed up I have only offered 4 surveys that made a total of €7.. Anyone else noticed this?

Last edited by Cr8or; 16-03-2006 at 11:49.
Advertisement
16-03-2006, 17:43   #2
rsynnott

Send a message via MSN to rsynnott Send a message via Skype™ to rsynnott
It is certainly a common scam tactic on these sort of sites to give you stuff to do until just under the payout rate. That said, I thought the site in question was meant to be reputable enough.
Thanks from:
17-08-2006, 16:41   #3
MyBaby

I joined up a couple of months ago to this site. Got one survey to do which made me 1.50 euro, havent received anything else since.
17-08-2006, 16:44   #4
John Mason
Hosted Moderator

HMod: PFJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr8or
I signed up for Irish Opinions a Paid Survey service a 6 months ago... the service seems like a bit of a scam... just to quote what they offer you:

The scam seems to be the number of surveys they send you never reaches the €10 euro mark. Since I signed up I have only offered 4 surveys that made a total of €7.. Anyone else noticed this?

I joined about a year ago and get offered surveys at least once a month but they always say thanks but we have enough in your age range or other such nonesense
18-08-2006, 09:23   #5
dudara
Administrator

After about a year of participating I have €3.50 in rewards. I get offered 1-2 surveys every month, but I rarely meet the criteria. it's tiresome.
(5) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-08-2006, 09:55   #6
samo

The last 3 surveys I've been sent by them have all come back as 'sorry you not qualify'

I'm stuck at €8 the last 3 months as well and need one more survey for my 10euro amazon voucher which amazingly I never seem to qualify for
18-08-2006, 11:29   #7
Saint_Mel

I got a voucher for €20 from them before, I think I'd just completed
2 surveys at the time. Most of the ones I get send now I either dont
qualify or they have already reached the target participants.

My current balance is €3.00
Thanks from:
18-08-2006, 16:27   #8
mel123

Well, i came to the conculsion that its a scam also. What i found happening to me a lot was i'd get a survey, answer say 5-10 questions, and THEN they would tell me 'sorry you dont qualify' etc etc. I believe the first questions they were asking were really what they wanted to know in the first place.
14-05-2007, 17:50   #9
davidegallazzi

irish opinions website: a scam?!!!

I have registered with them about 1.5 years ago. At the beginning I was not receiving any survey, then the surveys start to come in. I got the first €10 voucher, after which the frequency of the surveys increased significantly.
I completed a number of them, enough for a further €10 voucher. They never sent the second voucher, claiming all sort of lame excuses (system back logged, voucher lost in the mail, etc.). I too have came across surveys which would ask me a good few questions and then tell me that I was not qualifying for the survey. Even worse, I completed a survey and have never been given the reward.

I start to think that this website is a scam.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-05-2007, 22:25   #10
badbrian

Interesting this thread. I can't remember when I joined irish opinions but it seemed to have taken me years to get to 8.75. Then I seemed to stop qualifying for the surveys. I decided to make myself younger so as I had exited the magical <36 Age group. I finally got up to €10 there recently so I will take it and run. It was absolutely the hardest €10 I have ever earned (I still haven't got it yet - the last credit is still processing).

I would advise people to stay well clear. There are far easier ways of making a tenner. I would imagine a lot of people don't even ever get there either.
(4) thanks from:
15-05-2007, 08:10   #11
Saint_Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_Mel
I got a voucher for €20 from them before, I think I'd just completed 2 surveys at the time. Most of the ones I get send now I either dont
qualify or they have already reached the target participants.

My current balance is €3.00
Forgot about this thread ... I'm up to €6.50 now with €2.25 pending!
Thanks from:
15-05-2007, 14:14   #12
Dord

I'm up to €9 now, I can't remember how long I've been signed up to Irish Opinions. I've been getting a lot of surveys in the last few weeks. I usually get one or two every few weeks now.
(2) thanks from:
15-05-2007, 20:28   #13
peepsbates

Had 3 10 euro vouchers from them, up to 3 quid on next one
Thanks from:
15-05-2007, 20:32   #14
dudara
Administrator

I did get one E10 voucher a while back and I am well on my way to a second. It' takes a while though
Thanks from:
16-05-2007, 22:00   #15
nava

Hi

I started doing surveys early 2006, took me about 10 months with 8 surveys to get my 1st €10 voucher late 2006, since them I completed about 5 surveys, I completed a new survey last week for another €3 once they review it and add it to my account I will be able to get another €10 voucher.

So is not bad, they estimate how long each survey will take to complete, from that they pay depending on that is €1 for about 8 min. But they do take less to complete than what they estimate.

Regards

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion