Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got into Dharma Industries site

Options
  • 20-11-2005 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

Dharma Industries page.

OK, so you know when you click that link and then press "enter", you normally get an "IP Error" message? Well now all the digits turn green in turn and allow you to access the site. I don't know if it's something I've done, or if it's something that everyone can access. Here's what comes up anyway (and in the order that they appear): (Sorry about the size!)

OK, so all the yokes went green and I got this.
    dharma19xf.jpg

And then this.
    dharma20nw.jpg

This is an interesting one. The connection/location/integrity headings verified themselves, and then the cursor appeared. That "beeping" that you hear in the show once the timer in the hatch reaches the last few minutes comes on. Needless to say I typed in 4 8 15 16 23 42 and hit enter.
    dharma36lv.jpg

Then this appeared.
    dharma48qh.jpg

Here's the tricky part. What to type in?! I got three goes, my order was: 1.4 8 15 16 23 42. ERROR. 2. hanso ERROR. 3. alfarhanso ERROR.
    dharma54lm.jpg

And that lead me to this:
    dharma64bq.jpg

Well at least I/We have gotten a bit further than before. But maybe this has already been discussed. Anyway, there ya go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

If it makes any (probably all the) difference, I hovered the cursor over these four general areas in order.

dharmaaccess3of.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

You should look at the oceanic 815 forums, loads of them have got that far and posted a list of keywords they tried so ppl won't try them again.. also that site (dharma industries) is not registered to abc/disney so technically it's unofficial and anything that's said on it has nothing really to do with the writers/producers.. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Still all red for me...

I guess you were just super lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Works for me but I can't get the login part

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah got there myself but cant get any further

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I can't get as far as Member ID and thats it
    well its a start :)

Hmmm curious, what happens if you do nothing after 108min when you get to the black screen with green txt and the beeping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Hmm... might leave it on tonight just to see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

People have decompiled the flash thingy and say there is not actual login trigger (i.e no member id)
    Maybe thats gonna stay the case or maybe who ever runs the site will modify it in the future. who knows.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Is the cursor supposed to change or something while you are hovering?

MarkR wrote:
    Is the cursor supposed to change or something while you are hovering?

The IP address reading under the Dharma logo will turn green. One set will turn green when you hover the cursor over a particular area, and then the next etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

qz wrote:
    The IP address reading under the Dharma logo will turn green. One set will turn green when you hover the cursor over a particular area, and then the next etc etc.

Worked for me and got as far as Member ID login, as qz said as soon as you go onto the site and its scanning your IP address hover the cursor over the areas mentioned above and then you'll have access. Pretty cool, I wonder what the login could be??? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Enough with all the theory websites......

Just watch the show! HEHE :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Smurfpiss wrote:
    People have decompiled the flash thingy and say there is not actual login trigger (i.e no member id)
    Maybe thats gonna stay the case or maybe who ever runs the site will modify it in the future. who knows.

a lot of the time when you decomplie flash you lose the "actionscript" which is the code behind flash to make it interactive, its like php/asp all that kind of stuff. The actionscipt would then link up to php or something similar and create a log on, so its still possible that there is in fact a log on or something similar behind that flash file.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I just tried it 4times and couldnt get in. I downloaded the swf and decompiled it. There is absolutly no actionscript in the file itself. If you actually look at the code the enter button is a link, its not in the flash file. I just right clicked the file enter button and opened it in a new window and got in. I input the code... now its looking for a member ID.. Hummm

When you get granted it brings you to here.

Linky

kjt wrote:
    When you get granted it brings you to here.

Linky

A link back to the main dharma page? :confused:

http://www.dharmaindustries.com/
    http://www.kraftkost.se/main.php
    ....a bit different. Just thought the different domain names might spark an idea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

At the moment i dont think its meant to go anywhere and its just meant to be some sort of loop. Maybe the guy who made the site is waiting for something to happen in the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

What's Hanso and alfarhanso?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭phileeoonskee

Franky Boy wrote:
    What's Hanso and alfarhanso?
    Alvar Hanso is the front man and founder of the dharma initative, and is ,according to the story line, involved in many other projects apperently unrelated to Dharma such as Life extension project Extra terresterial intelligence. For more see The Hanso Foundation website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

cant get that site to work

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Alvar Hanso is the front man and founder of the dharma initative, and is ,according to the story line, involved in many other projects apperently unrelated to Dharma such as Life extension project Extra terresterial intelligence. For more see The Hanso Foundation website

I've found two interesting things on that site alone. I won't say anymore but it seems the site doesn't like firefox that much. For maximum effect you should use internet explorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Is it a coincidence that you have photoshop open too?

Lord Oz wrote:
    Maybe to get screen prints.....
    + most people have gotten as fast as those 'photoshoped' images :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SeanDeng

Hi Guys
    While all this stuff is intriguing - when trying to get into this web site I found that afTer multiple tries I was entering my everyday use passwords - so just a word of warning to be careful with your passwords. Sorry for preaching.

SD

love LOST and this new layer of intrigue

Lord Oz wrote:

Try it yourself.

And I used Photshop to paste the screenshots and save them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Did anyone click on the terms of use link on the Hanso foundation website? It leads to here

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭phileeoonskee

Did anyone click on the terms of use link on the Hanso foundation website? It leads to here
    Yeah all official ABC websites lead to that.

I'm so sad. I keep checking this thread to see if theres a password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 millie maple

All you have to do is refresh the page like 3 times then access granted!!!!!!
    then you have to write the numbers in sequence (like on the show)
    but then you have to enter a member id ....so if anyone can figue it out please let me know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    no1 can figure out, people have being tryin for hours, but no1 knows it!!!!!!!
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

moron

Advertisement