Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Pete's Anthem

Options
  • 18-04-2004 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey all,

Elaine, the Two Pete's Producer here. You may be wondering where this Two Pete's Anthem thingy is...well here we go. This is the deal. We are trying to write an anthem for the award winning talk show 'The Two Pete's Talk Rubbish'. Pete Reed came up with the first line of the anthem, and in Sinister's absence, Steve Conway came up with the second. So far we have....

"And we three went walking down the road,

Laying our plans and talking in code"

What we need you very talented people to do now is come up with the next line of the anthem. Try and relate it to the show and the station. Every week we will choose the next line of the anthem from what you supply. In the final show of the series everything will come together in one big surprise.

So put your words of wisdom into rhyme and show us what youre made of!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭hippu

the shadows around us , we felt their sweet breath

i dunno how long this should be so....

engulfed by the darkness we dravk to our health

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

the snacks we were eating, the 17 second show and tell we were looking for.. lalalala

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

while elaine started worrying about her work load

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

And the talk and the chatter and the rubbish it flowed, when all of a sudden we came to a tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Yermahn

"And we three went walking down the road,
    Laying our plans and talking in code"

And Janis was there with her eyes all a-glowing
    With snacky cakes, Wonderin' where Pete was a-goin'

While 8 Ball was magically witnessing truth
    of centu-rarys, past present future. Forsooth!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

"and we three went walking down the road, laying our plans and talking in code..."

to proclaim of the rubbish to the non-mainsream load, and see that all fits in our phantom abode..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Laine

Wow, I have to say, you guys are really good at this kinda malarky! Keep it going, we definitely have some talented listeners out there.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Originally posted by Laine
    Wow, I have to say, you guys are really good at this kinda malarky! Keep it going, we definitely have
    SOME talented listeners out there.:D

Are we not talented in our own *specail* ways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Yermahn

I place great pride in my special ability to conjure up arcane words such as "8 ball", though I am sure Rockiemalt is correct in the observation that we are all equally "special" in very "special" ways. It's just that some are more equally special than others.

<ponders... Moves on...>

If I may vote on a favorite "next line" for this, mine is for Gerard_Smith's creation:

"And the talk and the chatter and the rubbish it flowed, when all of a sudden we came to a tree. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 elburro_grande

(aka sinister claire)janice the outcast stands aside, watching sinister the man she wants to ride;)
    sorry!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

ohhhhh the tree, the tree, the tree, the tree, the tree.
    what a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful tree.

Advertisement