Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do You Become A Piercer

Options
  • 13-04-2004 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

HEY
    I've been considering a change of proffesion and was wondering if anyone could help me. im thinking of changing from that very difficult occupation of student/bum to something more worth while like working in a proffesional piercing studio with the intention to becoming a proffesionl piercer myself. if anyone has any advice itd rock
    cheers:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Just go ask you piercer about apprenticeships, obviously it would help if you have built up a good relationship with him/her and have got lots of piercings already. But be warned you don't usually earn anything when you're an apprentice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

hey missy.

i had that thought at one point to become a piercer and i gathered some info on it.
    Firstly, you have to be real dedicated if you wish to take on this 'LifeStyle'.

i have been told that alot of professional piercers arent too keen on taking apprentences, i dunno why, i think theres a steriotype behind it lol

its similiar along the lines of a tatooist they kinda go hand in hand, an apprentice tatooist is meant to practice on his or her own body for training, there will be that included in piercing too - knowing what the piercings feel like contributes to how well you can hown your piercing skills. em...a knowledge of the human body - although im not sure if its required - but id say that would be expected, knowing the consequences of your piercing etc.thats all i can think of now

if you want to ask anything, fire away :)

Teddi, i'm sure i'm not alone in finding all your '......'s *incredibly* irritating to read, so i've edited your post. Please stop peppering you posts with it! eth0_

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I wanted to be a piercer myself but to be honest you need to know someone in the trade,
    Once you know someone in the trade they can give you an apprenticeship but if you dont then the only other way is to find a parlour you'd like to work in and bug them day in and day out until they give u an apprenticeship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Braverheart

I did it - paid loadsa cash for it but it was worth it - try www.mrpierce.com. Its expensive but if its wot you want you will pay for it. They are very professional and extremely nice people. Give it a go - I love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

that sounds a bit dodgy. apprenticeships go on for close on 2 years full-time. that yoke is four days?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

a four day course to learn how to pierce?
    hmm i wouldnt trust that at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Neither would I. You know, that's the extent of the training Metal Morphosis piercers training, they get sent on a one week course and then they're let loose on customers. It's disgusting.

There's no WAY you can safely pierce people unsupervised after a four day course. Would you let a surgeon who'd had one weeks' training operate on you? It can be just as dangerous getting pierced by someone who hasn't a clue.

Any of these schemes i've seen don't care what happens to you after the course. Probably 99% of students never get to work as piercers after these courses - and they're bloody expensive courses too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Seems a bit like a bodyguard course documentry which I saw on discovery. Everyone got to graduate even though half of them were shit as soon as their cheque cleared. If I was ever going to get a piercing I'd have to see a large body of past work which was of a high standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

it doesnt take months and months to become a good reliable piercist, at least 3-4weeks of 2-3times a week for 5-6 hours[ watching, explaining and practising], the place like the lip, ear, nose ,nipple are straight forward, tongue,nape,clit,dick and the likes will take alot longer, you wouldnt be aloud touch them for a good few months id say, piercing isnt an art, its a routine. if you know how to do it u do,if u pick up the skill in the first 2-3weeks ur grand if u still have problems after that its time to call it a day,

this summer hopefully ill be brought on, you get paid nothing, so itll have to be a "hobbie" for the first few months, if u are a apprentice tattooist its 0eur for 6-7months [depending on how good u are] then its crap money as 50-60% of your money goes to ur trainer[main man tattooist]

cartman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 david whyte

keep spamming and your gone

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement