Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE P900 Cheapest Price

Options
  • 27-03-2004 2:42pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭

were is the cheapest place to buy a P900 I have a vat number so I can buy vat free out of the UK so i am thinking that this is the cheapest option. Also anywere in Ireland selling them sim free and have them in stock

thanks
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

got mine from Live Telecoms (although looks like they are out of stock right now) - check out mPhone and Expansys UK

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by TCP/IP
    were is the cheapest place to buy a P900 I have a vat number so I can buy vat free out of the UK so i am thinking that this is the cheapest option. Also anywere in Ireland selling them sim free and have them in stock

thanks
    TCP/IP

I got mine for 599 euro in my local vodafone shop, I would love to meet someone who is up to speed with this device

Originally posted by robert muldoon
    I got mine for 599 euro in my local vodafone shop

did you get it as part of a new contract / upgrade? if so is there any Vodafone branding on it (on logo's on the device, Vodafone in the menu system, browser etc...), do you know if it's network locked (i.e. can't use a non Voda sim in it)?
    I would love to meet someone who is up to speed with this device

were the staff in the vodafone shop not up to speed on it? :ninja:

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by DubWireless
    did you get it as part of a new contract / upgrade? if so is there any Vodafone branding on it (on logo's on the device, Vodafone in the menu system, browser etc...), do you know if it's network locked (i.e. can't use a non Voda sim in it)?

were the staff in the vodafone shop not up to speed on it? :ninja:

BrianG

Its a Vodafone upgrade and it does have Vodafone on the menu system but I dont know if its network locked, but it is a vodafone sim card and the P900 box had upgrade printed on it in RED. My man in the shop has'nt had any course on the phone yet. He says he is going to get the ES guy to give five of us a lesson on it,he has ordered another 15 phones and says they are very hard to get

Its a Vodafone upgrade and it does have Vodafone on the menu system but I dont know if its network locked, but it is a vodafone sim card and the P900 box had upgrade printed on it in RED.

ah well - suppose the chances were slim that it would escape Vodafone branding/ hijacking :(
    My man in the shop has'nt had any course on the phone yet. He says he is going to get the ES guy to give five of us a lesson on it,he has ordered another 15 phones and says they are very hard to get

yeah i hear a lot of people comment on how rare it is to find people in phone stores up to speed on handset features - and getting more difficult as the devices become more advanced

first accessory i suggest people get get a screen protector, Overlay Plus or Brando are about the best out there (personally prefer Overlay Plus as it's more transparent, although the Brando is good and is better at reducing glare).

fyi, amazon.co.uk had a good deal on 128MB Memory Stick Duos (although looks like they are having stock shortage right now). You can find a Memory Card reader comes in handy for transferring groups / larger files direct to the stick (rather than via a syncstation connection which has some overhead on file transfers). Just pay attention where you stick the files as the P900 creates it's own file structure on the card.

Good luck with your lesson,
    BrianG

• Advertisement
Advertisement