Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Repair windows errors' voice

Options
  • 01-09-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure this is a virus as such, at least I hope it isn't. I've ran malwarebytes and it's coming up clean. A voice goes off regularly saying 'repair windows errors.' There's no pop up to offer me an option to do so. I'm just wondering what the hell it is? If I need to repair windows errors how do I go about it? And most importantly how the hell do I get it to stop? Also apologies if this is in the wrong area. I'm on Windows 8 if that makes any difference.

Thanks a mill,

Marcus Antonius

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Download OTL to your Desktop
    • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
    • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Is it happening as you browse boards.ie?
    There is an annoying banner ad that has been giving this audio message on boards.ie for the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

banie01 wrote: »
    Is it happening as you browse boards.ie?
    There is an annoying banner ad that has been giving this audio message on boards.ie for the last few days.

Same problem here and it's only when I refresh a page on boards. Does that mean its just a banner ad so? Googled it and found a couple of pages saying to download random stuff which I'm unsure about and then I found this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I think its a bogey ad on boards, happened to myself over the last few days but seems the folks in the office might have nuked it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Im getting that the last few days too. Its a nuisance. I'm not going to download anything though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

yep. an annoying banner. try to ignore til it goes away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Thanks for all the replies lads, I've not heard it the last few days so hopefully it's been removed!

Advertisement