Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxing a machine for the first time

Options
  • 22-01-2020 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Can anyone explain how to go about getting a dumper registered so that it can be used on the road. The machine was purchased 10 years ago and was never taxed as it was kept on a farm. I’ve been searching and searching Google all bloody day and I’m still none the wiser . I’ve called the local motor tax office , rang dept of transport in Shannon and the RSA and no one has a clue ... anyone any experience of this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭2020Vision

When it was first purchased ten years ago, was it registered with Revenue and was VRT paid?

Has it a registration number? If not, then you'd need to contact Revenue who deal with new vehicle registrations.

If it was off the road for all of its life, then presumably Forms RF150 were completed by its previous owner each year? (Or at least since 2013 when the rules changed).

If not then you may well have problems dealing with the Motor Tax Office, as this should have been done in advance since 1/10/2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sinkadinka

Thanks for the reply . It has never been registered so no plates, would an RF150 form need to be completed as it has never been registered or used on the road, it was always kept on a farm

Advertisement