Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Printing & Delivery to End-Customer for website?

Options
  • 17-01-2020 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

Like many amateur photographers before me, I have high hopes that my roughly average photos might find a few buyers online.

With that in mind, I'm considering setting up a photo gallery website, with an option for people to buy digital prints or physical prints, with framing options, on the site. I don't own a printer, and I imagine the time and cost of printing and shipping wouldn't be worth it for me at the minute.

So, I'd like to use a third-party print & shipping company, such as Photobox, which would handle all the back-end (for my imaginary customers). Can anyone recommend a service which is based in Ireland, or does such a service exist here? I suppose this is similar to a wedding or other pro photography sending a gallery of shots to a customer, who then chooses them online, and they are then printed and delivered by a third-party.

Options I am looking at:

Printful
    Photobox
    Pwinty
    Printify
    Smug Mug

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Photobox is pretty good and at times I've had good deals with Foto.com

and theres a boradsie that does good printing cant think of his name but he's got a print shop - 360 DPI probably a web site as well not sure of the name but probably 260-dpi.com or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

have a look at zenfolio. I used to have a site there and they do printing and fulfillment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I wonder if our local be 360dpi would be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

I do this kind of thing for lots of photographers and artists

give me a shout if I can help

Advertisement