Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Playoffs: Conference Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I remember watching the packers game when their record was 12-3 and I have to be honest I did say outloud " the packers are 12-3 ?" It wasn't that I was surprised but it was kind of under the radar.

You can go into any packers board and it'll say the same, our entire offence is 3 players. We've two tight ends who don't make plays, one wide receiver, one rb, one qb. That's our team. No wr stepped up this year to make themselves a number 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

This is an annihilation
    Whats going on with GB?

Mostert having the time of his life tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

San Francisco vs Tennessee (The boards moderators Bowl)
    Okay that's the ball game. Credit to the niners for giving John lynch and Kyle shannahan seven year deals and they stuck by them.

This is an annihilation
    Whats going on with GB?

No offence same as most of the season. And also can't protect the ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Crikey... Whoever said earlier they think they could run a td in for this team..... Everyone knew it was coming, ran it between the tackles, and no one put a hand on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

At least the Green Bay flags will bow out, don't know how this team made a conference game, they are very limited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Gonna be interesting to see how Mahomes gets on against this defence. They're ferocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

No point in staying up any longer, two walkover games.

At least the Green Bay flags will bow out, don't know how this team made a conference game, they are very limited

Because most other teams are bottlers. Most games packers did great first drive then did **** all till the third quarter. The team is in a serious decline and most people don't want to admit it. We drafted so defensively the last few years that no good players were brought in on offence bar maybe 2, coupled with not doing free agency until the last off season you have an offence that gets stale and easy to predict.
    You stop arron Jones, you just gotta cover Adams, Adams having a bad night? Just stuff the box and stop Jones. That's our entire offence, pass to one guy or let one guy run it. You stop one you stop the team.

It's disappointing because it's the first time in years we've had anything resemble a defence and the offence decided to disappear

• Advertisement

49rs chiefs is going to be one hell of a game

• Registered Users Posts: 37,656 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Itssoeasy wrote:
    I remember watching the packers game when their record was 12-3 and I have to be honest I did say outloud " the packers are 12-3 ?" It wasn't that I was surprised but it was kind of under the radar.
    Yeah but if you looked at their schedule it wasn't that impressive. They beat the Chiefs without Mahomes. Their best wins were the two over the Vikings. After that they beat the Lions and Bears twice, Broncos, Raiders, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins and one more that's escaping me right now.

Because most other teams are bottlers. Most games packers did great first drive then did **** all till the third quarter. The team is in a serious decline and most people don't want to admit it. We drafted so defensively the last few years that no good players were brought in on offence bar maybe 2, coupled with not doing free agency until the last off season you have an offence that gets stale and easy to predict.
    You stop arron Jones, you just gotta cover Adams, Adams having a bad night? Just stuff the box and stop Jones. That's our entire offence, pass to one guy or let one guy run it. You stop one you stop the team.

It's disappointing because it's the first time in years we've had anything resemble a defence and the offence decided to disappear
    I think the division is weak too, don't know how good they are after playing Detroit, Bear's & Vikings. Probably go 4-2 at worst against them 3 every year

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah but if you looked at their schedule it wasn't that impressive. They beat the Chiefs without Mahomes. Their best wins were the two over the Vikings. After that they beat the Lions and Bears twice, Broncos, Raiders, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins and one more that's escaping me right now.

And beat the Lions while never leading the game with time on the clock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

No offence same as most of the season. And also can't protect the ball

No offense taken:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Chiefs vs niners will be some game. And yes the chiefs are good but the last two weeks they gave up points early in the game. That won't work in two weeks time.

I think the division is weak too, don't know how good they are after playing Detroit, Bear's & Vikings. Probably go 4-2 at worst against them 3 every year

Oh 100% their division all seem to have a **** attack playing packers.
    Chicago should jettison trubisky and start again and they'd prob win the division with a compitent qb

eagle eye wrote: »

Carolina

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Okay that's the ball game. Credit to the niners for giving John lynch and Kyle shannahan seven year deals and they stuck by them.

Wasn't so much sticking by them, this is only year 3 of a complete rebuild, with only 1 starter left on the 53 since they took over.

The only people who questioned them after last season were extremely kneejerk as they were down their starting QB, a bunch of starters, and lost a crazy number of games by 1 score.

Can't think of a better/quicker full rebuild, though happy to take other thoughts on it.

I'm away to bed, up in work for 7. Don't see anything positive to make me want to be a zombie in the morning, night folks

• Advertisement

Oh 100% their division all seem to have a **** attack playing packers.
    Chicago should jettison trubisky and start again and they'd prob win the division with a compitent qb

Trubitsiy looks good when he runs, but if they could get the ball to Allen Robinson, that would be a huge plus. The defence is weak enough too, except Khalil Mack. Also I think the coaching staff is weak

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Mostert is causing absolute wreck,niners run game is very impressive.Ideal for them to not show the chiefs too much of there passing game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

And we're done.

Oíche mhaith.

How bad is the packers defence this game? Geroppolo has only thrown for 48 yards. On 19 attempts mostert has 198 yards and 4tds....maybe try stopping a run would help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Green Bay vs Tennessee (The Outside Chance of being the Superbowl Bowl)
    I remember when there was people telling me last year that James Devlin was a better FB than Kyle Juszczyk. Lol

Mostert is causing absolute wreck,niners run game is very impressive.Ideal for them to not show the chiefs too much of there passing game today.

Haven't really had to throw the ball in the playoffs, aside from the first drive against the Vikings. Unless something crazy happens here Kyle should have a lot left even before the 2 week break to prep.

BoldReason wrote: »
    I remember when there was people telling me last year that James Devlin was a better FB than Kyle Juszczyk. Lol

Oh yeah, I got a lot of crap about it too. They haven't even needed to target Juice during the playoffs. As a rounded FB, he is miles ahead of any other right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Green Bay vs Tennessee (The Outside Chance of being the Superbowl Bowl)
    Foxtrol wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I got a lot of crap about it too. They haven't even needed to target Juice during the playoffs. As a rounded FB, he is miles ahead of any other right now.

Funnily enough the reason Devlin was better is because Juszczyk doesn't block. He is merely a running back. :rolleyes: :pac:

Surely it's not on..... It can't be....

• Advertisement

2 score game... 8 minutes left. Like they can't come back surely

Advertisement