Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Who do they have?

Patricio
    TAA Gomez Lundy
    Traore Grealish Mane KdB
    Vardy Abraham Rash

Button Kelly Capoue Kabasele

Plus 3.3 in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

To start you're not going to catch someone 200 points ahead of you, 100 points would be a stretch at this stage IMO

Looking at their team Salah & Aguero is the only way to make up any ground

Drop Vardy and get them both in

Green&Red wrote: »
    To start you're not going to catch someone 200 points ahead of you, 100 points would be a stretch at this stage IMO

Looking at their team Salah & Aguero is the only way to make up any ground

Drop Vardy and get them both in

Thanks for the vote of confidence :P

He has used his BB and FH. He's just having a blinder of a season. I'm 150pts behind 2nd place so I'd settle for that. If I can use the TC and BB effectively I could close the gap.

Only way to have Salah Mane Aguero and KdB is to do Maddison/Vardy/Abraham to Salah/Aguero/Maupay.

Which I would do but will cost me -8.
    Maybe I'll do one of Vardy/Abraham to Aguero this week and Maddison/other FW to Salah/Maupay for the double.

Think Aguero outscores Salah this gw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Patricio
    TAA Gomez Lundy
    Traore Grealish Mane KdB
    Vardy Abraham Rash

Button Kelly Capoue Kabasele

Plus 3.3 in the bank

But what do you think he might do transfer wise. Liverpool player or Aguero?

dsmythy wrote: »
    But what do you think he might do transfer wise. Liverpool player or Aguero?

He has 3 Liverpool already. I don't think he'll get Aguero either. He seems more of the steady Eddie type with his transfers and probably sees Kun as a gamble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Struggling to decide on 3rd Liverpool player for next week, have TAA and Salah already. Was planning on getting Mane in but now thinking of getting Robbo in. Are many going going for Mane/Salah double up or double defence?

He has 3 Liverpool already. I don't think he'll get Aguero either. He seems more of the steady Eddie type with his transfers and probably sees Kun as a gamble

Sorry didn't cop that. From the description he might just swap out Grealish or something. I'd go along with the Salah and Aguero thoughts presuming he doesn't aim for the latter himself. If Salah can hit that double hard it would go a long way.

One of the big benefits of Aguero is that he is so lowly owned and people won’t be bringing him in cause they’re scrambling to get the three Liverpool for 24

dsmythy wrote: »
    Sorry didn't cop that. From the description he might just swap out Grealish or something. I'd go along with the Salah and Aguero thoughts presuming he doesn't aim for the latter himself. If Salah can hit that double hard it would go a long way.

C Salah for the DGW obviously

One of the big benefits of Aguero is that he is so lowly owned and people won’t be bringing him in cause they’re scrambling to get the three Liverpool for 24

Good thinking.

I'm worried about the double affecting my thoughts. I'd be doing a completely different and safer transfer this week if the double didn't exist.

• Advertisement

C Salah for the DGW obviously

TC most likely

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

TC most likely

which re-enforces him over Aguero - its an obvious advantage (even if he gets Salah in its a minus 4 most likely)

Agree Aguero will outscore him this week, but long term, its Salah

which re-enforces him over Aguero - its an obvious advantage (even if he gets Salah in its a minus 4 most likely)

Agree Aguero will outscore him this week, but long term, its Salah

Question now is, who to get rid of first this week. Abraham or Vardy?
    Burnley are poison but having Maddison and Abraham might be better than Vardy/Maddison double up.

Struggling to decide on 3rd Liverpool player for next week, have TAA and Salah already. Was planning on getting Mane in but now thinking of getting Robbo in. Are many going going for Mane/Salah double up or double defence?

It depends where you are and if you're chasing I think?
    The defense double up is safer IMO. Im trying to get Mane and Salah as either could explode and having both should get a nice score.
    Only thing is having both cripples your budget.

The defense double up is safer IMO. Im trying to get Mane and Salah as either could explode and having both should get a nice score.

Yup going for both myself as can get it for free and the guy I am chasing has Robbo and Mane (and can't get to Salah).

Yes it's expensive, but two of the best players in the game, with an incredible run coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm getting Robbo in as my third.

Salah would mean ditching KDB which I'm not willing to do for 6/7 weeks (planning on the triple up till about GW31)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Transferred Kun out for Ings on Saturday night, as I'd have just the right money for Maddison to Salah before any more price rises.

With his hattrick yesterday I'm at a loss what to do. Still have 1ft and 5m in the bank. Planning towards getting a 3rd Liverpool player. Could get Kun back for Abraham but seems like a wasted transfer then.
    Team is:
    Pope Stek
    Robertson Soy Lund Rico Kelly
    Mane Maddison KdB Tettey Douglas
    Ings Vardy Abraham

Pope also needs to go soon.
    Maddison to Salah, or Abraham to Kun?

Stick with your plan to get Salah in for Maddison IMHO. You’ve made your bed already so lie in it.

The fact that Aguero got huge haul this weekend shouldn’t come into your thinking. You have already banked those points and he won’t score like that every week.

The differential was having Kun this week. Going back on your transfer is not an attacking move IMO. Gambling is to leave Aguero out while all around you are scrambling to bring him in.

Stick with your plan to get Salah in for Maddison IMHO. You’ve made your bed already so lie in it.

The fact that Aguero got huge haul this weekend shouldn’t come into your thinking. You have already banked those points and he won’t score like that every week.

The differential was having Kun this week. Going back on your transfer is not an attacking move IMO. Gambling is to leave Aguero out while all around you are scrambling to bring him in.

I was with you 100% until the very last sentence. I really doubt the people around me will be scrambling to get him in. I think the 3rd Liverpool player will be a bigger desire and possible distraction. I still think Aguero will be a huge differential in the next 3-4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Current team is
    Pope,Button
    Soy,TAA,Sidibe, Kelly, Lundy,
    Zaha, KDB, Cantwell, Mane, Grealish,
    Vardy, Rashford, Jimenez
    1st or 2nd in most of my money leagues.
    Plan was Rashford to Firmino this week but might keep him now.
    Have a spare transfer, so was thinking
    (1) Vardy/Jimenez to Kun/Ings and possibly Soy to Gomez for -4
    Or
    (2) Zaha/Vardy to Salah/Maupay

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Don't really see how it's safer - it nearly implies you think both games will be low scoring? would you be happy with double defence if for instance wolves score in the first game? Wolves have scored in EVERY home game in the league so far this season, that stat alone would worry me.

Obv if you decide on double pool defence, you have to consider the gains made by the upgrades in other positions that you will be able to do with the money saved.

Just thinking back to last season when City had a double - there was the risker Aguero option or going with probably at the time safer Sterling option (think it was Sterling, may have been different city player) - Aguero does what Aguero does best and rakes up a huge score - could possible have been a 50 point swing (I can't remember the exact but I know some posters who were on the wrong side that will remember clearly).

Could it be season defining if the wrong decisions are made? Brining in Salah and making him captain, v brining in Robbo - could be a 30 point swing, it's unlikely to be a such a high point swing the other direction, cause you'll rarely be captaining Robbo.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Don't really see how it's safer - it nearly implies you think both games will be low scoring? would you be happy with double defence if for instance wolves score in the first game? Wolves have scored in EVERY home game in the league so far this season, that stat alone would worry me.

Obv if you decide on double pool defence, you have to consider the gains made by the upgrades in other positions that you will be able to do with the money saved.

Just thinking back to last season when City had a double - there was the risker Aguero option or going with probably at the time safer Sterling option (think it was Sterling, may have been different city player) - Aguero does what Aguero does best and rakes up a huge score - could possible have been a 50 point swing (I can't remember the exact but I know some posters who were on the wrong side that will remember clearly).

Could it be season defining if the wrong decisions are made? Brining in Salah and making him captain, v brining in Robbo - could be a 30 point swing, it's unlikely to be a such a high point swing the other direction, cause you'll rarely be captaining Robbo.

I guess its safer as you have less money invested and therefore can "spread the risk" amongst the rest of the team a bit better

Liverpool have kept clean sheets in their last 5.
    Wolves may have scored in every home game, but doesn't guarantee anything. Even if they do score there's a decent chance of TAA or Robbo getting attacking points.

As said it's more for the budget spread and I think double defence will be more common than the Salah/Mane double up, which would be more risky IMO.

Having a quarter of your entire budget on 2 players is less safe than having 14.5m on 2 Pool defenders no matter how many goals are scored in those 2 fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sane was the city option at the time that seemed the safest . He got 1 pt in the dgw. You have brought back up bad memories for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Actually think i'll input Doucoure for Alli for the craic.

Hope it won't be a case of mo' money mo' problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Actually think i'll input Doucoure for Alli for the craic.

Hope it won't be a case of mo' money mo' problems.

Doucouré was in my plans until I saw these comments from Pearson:

"He’s not trained this week, he had a fitness test on Saturday, so he’s been playing with discomfort for a while and it was touch and go whether he played.

But he’s a very resilient lad and his demeanour’s been very positive. He was desperate to play, but he’s only played today because of conversations that we, as coaching staff, had had with the medical staff to make sure we understand what the risks are."

https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2020/01/13/watfords-cut-price-fpl-attacking-assets-impress-as-budget-defence-holds-strong/

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Thinking about bringing in vardy+rashford
    In place of sterling/mane to a 4.4 midfielder

Currently have c.wilson Greenwood maupay
    Mane sterling de bruyne
    Vvd taa lundstrom soyuncu

Propper Webster douglas Luiz

Any guidance on my choice

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Thinking about bringing in vardy+rashford
    In place of sterling/mane to a 4.4 midfielder

Currently have c.wilson Greenwood maupay
    Mane sterling de bruyne
    Vvd taa lundstrom soyuncu

Propper Webster douglas Luiz

Any guidance on my choice

You might want to rephrase that as it's terribly confusing. You are looking to bring in 2 forwards for 2 mids?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Doucouré was in my plans until I saw these comments from Pearson:

"He’s not trained this week, he had a fitness test on Saturday, so he’s been playing with discomfort for a while and it was touch and go whether he played.

But he’s a very resilient lad and his demeanour’s been very positive. He was desperate to play, but he’s only played today because of conversations that we, as coaching staff, had had with the medical staff to make sure we understand what the risks are."

https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2020/01/13/watfords-cut-price-fpl-attacking-assets-impress-as-budget-defence-holds-strong/

Me too - after the match Deeney said Doucoure had been on painkillers and not playing all week and they will have to try and get him patched/ready for the next game if they can or something to that effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Callum Wilson hasn't had a shot on target since October 6th. Glad I brought him in now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Mahrez or richarlison?

Advertisement