Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

Sterling / Muapay in for Rashford / Alli. Exact money. Done.

Speculating on a City return to form will see a Sterling haul next weekend. Have KdB aswell.

Decided to keep Vardy. May swap him to get back Rashford over the next few GWs. Will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'll be about 20 behind after this GW.

That's tough, you have a really good team

If it was anyone but KDB I would say leave them out! You really do need him

Sterling / Muapay in for Rashford / Alli. Exact money. Done.

Speculating on a City return to form will see a Sterling haul next weekend. Have KdB aswell.

Decided to keep Vardy. May swap him to get back Rashford over the next few GWs. Will see.

Sterling and Maupay are the two I am looking to shift.

No reason to expect Sterling to come back in

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Aguero was a my cash cow to fund a Salah move but I don't think I can sell him now. Okay it was only Villa but he looked hungry and is a such a huge differential right now. I will probably go double Pool defence now. I can do it by downgrading Maddison and upgrading Soyuncu to Robertson. Looking at Doucouré, he's been really impressive since moving further forward. Would probably prefer Sarr but don't have the extra funds and think he's more likely to get subbed earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Right, time to bring in De Bruyne as he's the difference really between me and current league leader.

Current setup;

Ramsdale

Evans
    Soyuncu
    Martin Kelly

Mane
    Salah
    Mahrez
    Mount

Vardy
    Ings
    Rashford

Subs: Button, Cantwell, Cresswell, Hanley.

I'm thinking Rashford + Mount out for De Bruyne and I'll have 5.2m left for a forward. Was thinking Mason Greenwood.

I don't want to get rid of Mane, Salah or Vardy so Rashford is the choice by default.

Any thoughts?

Are you hanging onto Ramsdale?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Would consider removing Jimi but no one I can afford to make it worth it, might replace Ramsdale in goal.

City look phenomenal but there's just no sensible route to any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

How nailed on is McCarthy for Southampton??

Need to perform an immediate Popectomy and Southampton showing a bit of form and have half decent fixtures

Cartman78 wrote: »

Need to perform an immediate Popectomy and Southampton showing a bit of form and have half decent fixtures

Pretty nailed on, if I go WC he's my keeper

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Would consider removing Jimi but no one I can afford to make it worth it, might replace Ramsdale in goal.

First time he's blanked 3 games in a row this season, so consistent normally. I'm going to give him another week I think.

Cartman78 wrote: »

Got him in last week. Seems nailed and so cheap.

• Advertisement

scotchy wrote: »
    Are you hanging onto Ramsdale?

I am for another week. Ideally I'd like to get rid but don't fancy a -4 hit on it. I actually only finished two points behind the league leader this week (thanks Mahrez), and with De Bruyne in now, I'm happy enough.

I have 0.8 in the bank so gives me a little to play around with on the defence/GK depending on how this week goes. I wouldn't mind upgrading on Kelly or Cresswell. Kelly was solid earlier on but useless the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

First time he's blanked 3 games in a row this season, so consistent normally. I'm going to give him another week I think.

This is the mistake I made with C Wilson earlier in the year. Held on three weeks too long

Islander13 wrote: »
    This is the mistake I made with C Wilson earlier in the year. Held on three weeks too long

Jimi's a better player in a better team though.

Tough fixtures and very busy schedule coming up.

On the back of a busy schedule.

Even got 45 minutes in the fa cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

But that's irrelevant in FF world. We care just about returns, not if he's a good player. I reckon if you went back to GW9, someone probably would have said something similar about Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

I'm the genius that woke up to realise I transferred maddison aguero out for Salah ings after a few beers last night. And watched Aguero have that game today.

I'd planned that transfer anyway, but seeing 20 points come in was a reminder of how explosive kun can be

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Have a frontline of Rashford, Vardy and Ings, but I'd have to sell the first two to get Aguero in and like, its hard to sell players who just keep on delivering.

Dont think I'll get him. You cant have everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

2 f/t Fabianski to McCarthy and Martial to Mahrez done. Not a penny left in the bank. Mahrez has looked really good lately - a little sorry i didn't bring him in on my WC. Hopefully better late than never in any case.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    But that's irrelevant in FF world. We care just about returns, not if he's a good player. I reckon if you went back to GW9, someone probably would have said something similar about Wilson.

Well if he's a good player, that helps returns surely?! If it's a question of Jimi to Ings then I'd agree but not for Wilson. I might sell Jimi for Ings myself this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

Going to go with Sterling and Connolly to Mahrez and Kun.

Very knee-jerk after last night perhaps and it scuppers my plans to bring in Robertson for the double, but it's such a big upgrade and with the exact funds to make it happen I might not get another chance.

Kun straight in as captain v Palace next weekend then too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

VW 1 wrote: »
    I'm the genius that woke up to realise I transferred maddison aguero out for Salah ings after a few beers last night. And watched Aguero have that game today.

I'd planned that transfer anyway, but seeing 20 points come in was a reminder of how explosive kun can be
    I think you will be fine with that move. City play Saturday and then Tuesday next week. Good chance aguero starts one and Jesus starts one. Also city have a dreadful run of games coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I think you will be fine with that move. City play Saturday and then Tuesday next week. Good chance aguero starts one and Jesus starts one. Also city have a dreadful run of games coming up.

City fairly cut loose on those teams same time last year and the 1st leg Carabao match is a reminder what they do to those so called tough opponents.

I’m not buying this is a different City than last year. They will go unbeaten for rest of the season and they will hand out some tonkings along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Chesty08 wrote: »
    City fairly cut loose on those teams same time last year and the 1st leg Carabao match is a reminder what they do to those so called tough opponents.

I’m not buying this is a different City than last year. They will go unbeaten for rest of the season and they will hand out some tonkings along the way.
    How often will aguero be on the pitch to benefit would be my issue and Id be reluctant to ever give him the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

How often will aguero be on the pitch to benefit would be my issue and Id be reluctant to ever give him the armband.

I’d say he plays every match between now & March. Pep wil want him fully fledged for their assault on the CL and I don’t think he plays Jesus ahead of him in those tougher games.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Madness to consider bringing Sterling in as captain against Palace next week?

His record against them is excellent and he is due a return to form

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Madness to consider bringing Sterling in as captain against Palace next week?

His record against them is excellent and he is due a return to form

Yes it's crazy, he's played 3 minutes in the last two league games and not certain be goes back in at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Transferred Kun out for Ings on Saturday night, as I'd have just the right money for Maddison to Salah before any more price rises.

With his hattrick yesterday I'm at a loss what to do. Still have 1ft and 5m in the bank. Planning towards getting a 3rd Liverpool player. Could get Kun back for Abraham but seems like a wasted transfer then.
    Team is:
    Pope Stek
    Robertson Soy Lund Rico Kelly
    Mane Maddison KdB Tettey Douglas
    Ings Vardy Abraham

Pope also needs to go soon.
    Maddison to Salah, or Abraham to Kun?

Transferred Kun out for Ings on Saturday night, as I'd have just the right money for Maddison to Salah before any more price rises.

With his hattrick yesterday I'm at a loss what to do. Still have 1ft and 5m in the bank. Planning towards getting a 3rd Liverpool player. Could get Kun back for Abraham but seems like a wasted transfer then.
    Team is:
    Pope Stek
    Robertson Soy Lund Rico Kelly
    Mane Maddison KdB Tettey Douglas
    Ings Vardy Abraham

Pope also needs to go soon.
    Maddison to Salah, or Abraham to Kun?

Maddison to Salah

Kun wont play every game and more importantly wont play Villa every week

Salah has a double coming up, has a great run of fixtures and is almost certain to start and is on pens with no Milner

but I dont think I have made a good transfer since the start of December

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Maddison to Salah

Kun wont play every game and more importantly wont play Villa every week

Salah has a double coming up, has a great run of fixtures and is almost certain to start and is on pens with no Milner

but I dont think I have made a good transfer since the start of December

Should have mentioned I'm currently 200pts behind the leader in my ML. And need to start taking gambles soon probably to catch him.

But your rationale is pretty sensible. It was get Salah in or Aguero then Soy to Gomez for a pool triple up

• Advertisement

Should have mentioned I'm currently 200pts behind the leader in my ML. And need to start taking gambles soon probably to catch him.

But your rationale is pretty sensible. It was get Salah in or Aguero then Soy to Gomez for a pool triple up

Who do they have?

Advertisement