Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some 32X questions

Options
  • 28-12-2019 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I found a seller on facebook selling a 32x but it has issues.

There is what he calls a "mod" wire loose - I asked him what the mod is for and he said "it’s one of the many mods that was done on all 32X’s in the factory. It needs to be soldered back onto the ribbon connector."

He's looking for 50 pounds but it also does not come with the cables.

Some images here: https://imgur.com/a/5eMXpkT

So - my questions are:
    (1) Anybody know anything about this blue wire that's come loose ?
    (2) Would the cables cost a fair bit also (I want to connect it to an original megadrive) ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

It's just an internal wire from the factory, looks like it has just popped off

This is what it should look like; (from here)
    498564.jpg

The lead to connect the unit to a MD1 seems to only cost a few euro on eBay. You'd then need a 32X to TV cable, those are MD2 AV cables right?

I'd be more concerned with how the internal wire came off in the first place, was the unit broken and someone was having a look inside to see if they could fix and that wire came undone or is it common that they can pop off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    It's just an internal wire from the factory, looks like it has just popped off

This is what it should look like; (from here)
    498564.jpg

The lead to connect the unit to a MD1 seems to only cost a few euro on eBay. You'd then need a 32X to TV cable, those are MD2 AV cables right?

I'd be more concerned with how the internal wire came off in the first place, was the unit broken and someone was having a look inside to see if they could fix and that wire came undone or is it common that they can pop off?
    Yeah. Fair point. It wouldn't just come off. I think I'll give it a miss

sugarman wrote: »
    Looking at it there, looks like a botched attempt of a repair or mod on it already.. load of solder on the other pins either side where it should be and the pad looks like it might be lifted.

Id give it a miss unless you got it a fair bit cheaper.
    Thanks for the advice. I've told him I'm gonna give it a miss. Not worth it.

Considering other units on eBay are going for £200 BuyItNow'ness (albeit with a game+cable+PSU), could be worth a punt if you fancy your hand at soldering if it say went for £40?

Maybe - he's also looking for 15 shipping and then I'd also have to get all the cables....

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Just buy an American/NTSC model, you can get a working one for €50-60 with cables etc..

Really - that cheap? I've already modded my console with a PAL/NTSC Switch so I should be pretty ok for that then

There is even a switch-less region (more a 50/60Hz switcher) for the 32X - info

Advertisement