Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank and Double Gameweek discussion 2019/2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

If arsenal go out here. Crelins dgw 29 would stand a chance of happening.

What exactly could happen now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What exactly could happen now?

Arsenal man city can get rescheduled for the wednesday of gw 29 as arsenal are out of the EL and city dont play in the CL that midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So not happening. A made up DGW, those odds were ridiculous, 90% chance of it going ahead when there was no indication that it was ever likely to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Probably asked already: if you have 2ft going into gw31 and then use free hit, do you then have 2ft the following gw, or just 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,140 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Probably asked already: if you have 2ft going into gw31 and then use free hit, do you then have 2ft the following gw, or just 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Latest from Ben Crellin’s twitter is link to City forum where some guy with 5,000 posts says Arsenal game will be next Wednesday and is backed up by another reliable poster. They’ve known for a couple of days so don’t know what the delay is with the announcement.

Bad form from PL if they do announce it with only 8 days notice for fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,551 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Latest from Ben Crellin’s twitter is link to City forum where some guy with 5,000 posts says Arsenal game will be next Wednesday and is backed up by another reliable poster. They’ve known for a couple of days so don’t know what the delay is with the announcement.

Bad form from PL if they do announce it with only 8 days notice for fans.

Pep made a slip of the tongue too when he was talking about City's fixtures over the next few weeks and mentioned Arsenal game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

If this City double gameweek is confirmed I suppose KDB & Auba will be the main options? Anybody else of interest, Mahrez/Mendy maybe. I will not be taking a hit to get Auba in unfortunately. We will know the fixtures for GW31 by Thursday so any transfer's I make will be geared towards that and not free-hitting.

If this City double gameweek is confirmed I suppose KDB & Auba will be the main options? Anybody else of interest, Mahrez/Mendy maybe. I will not be taking a hit to get Auba in unfortunately. We will know the fixtures for GW31 by Thursday so any transfer's I make will be geared towards that and not free-hitting.

31 is the fly in the ointment .I also will not be free hitting. Liverpool/salah are the main problem. To get Auba I have to sell Salah. If he has a game in 31 that is probably crazy. If they don't then I will be screwed :D
    It is very tricky.
    Realistically too Auba's second game will not yield too many points imo
    If Liverpool progress i may just stick to the plan

Sarr rising last night was an annoyance too

I don’t have any assets from either team and am thinking of selling Ricky and Ings to get Dilva and Jesus (c).

• Advertisement

I don’t have any assets from either team and am thinking of selling Ricky and Ings to get Dilva and Jesus (c).

Don’t do that

http://twitter.com/City_Xtra/status/1234828740351418369

Every day that ticks by makes it less likely imo

km79 wrote: »
    Don’t do that

You gave me similar sage advice on Zaha a couple of weeks back so I’ll take it on board.

Hoping I don’t have to make any desperate DGW transfers this week and we have an extra double to play with in last few weeks.

If TV companies and/or Arsenal are fighting it you have to imagine it’s getting v unlikely at this stage. I think I saw Crellin say 8 days was shortest notice he can remember.

Edit: Just googled it and there are articles in Mirroe and Sun saying PL have proposed it but Arsenal fans aren’t happy as there would be no trains back to London. Hope Arsenal hold out - makes sense for them as they would get a City reserve side if it’s on around a champions league quarter or semi.

There’s more: some City blogger with a blue tick is quoted on Crellin’s twitter saying he’s heard it’s been rescheduled. Bizarre that they haven’t announced it.

You gave me similar sage advice on Zaha a couple of weeks back so I’ll take it on board.

Hoping I don’t have to make any desperate DGW transfers this week and we have an extra double to play with in last few weeks.

If TV companies and/or Arsenal are fighting it you have to imagine it’s getting v unlikely at this stage. I think I saw Crellin say 8 days was shortest notice he can remember.

Edit: Just googled it and there are articles in Mirroe and Sun saying PL have proposed it but Arsenal fans aren’t happy as there would be no trains back to London. Hope Arsenal hold out - makes sense for them as they would get a City reserve side if it’s on around a champions league quarter or semi.

There’s more: some City blogger with a blue tick is quoted on Crellin’s twitter saying he’s heard it’s been rescheduled. Bizarre that they haven’t announced it.

Just to expand on earlier
    Ricky is in decent form despite fixtures
    Ing I can see the appeal of selling tbh
    But
    Silva will not play both DGW fixtures
    Neither will jesus
    And
    Never captain Jesus . Ever .
    And
    I don’t think those 2 fixtures are appealing as a DGW
    Both united and arsenal have tightened up a lot at the back.
    KDB and no other city for me . And at this stage I’m also considering selling him as I need cash and others pointed out to me the fixture run he has etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

That's a fools gold DGW in my opinion, not many options for either teams, and no gimme fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If sheff utd lose they could reschedule the game against Villa for gw 31 as Villa are already out of the cup.

If sheff utd lose they could reschedule the game against Villa for gw 31 as Villa are already out of the cup.

Well that’s even better !!!!! GO READING

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'll likely have no Arsenal or City players and doubt I'll use my ft or take hits to get any. Focusing on gw31 now and have a few targets for that, not changing my plan to get Auba/City players who I don't know will even play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Have KDB and i think i'll just leave it at that. Thoughts are more towards gw31 which is more doable with Liverpool playing and no need to burn the free hit chip now.

Thinking the same
    I will probably still captain salah too ..........or is that silly
    I dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

km79 wrote: »
    Thinking the same
    I will probably still captain salah too ..........or is that silly
    I dunno

If you have KDB/Auba in particular you should be captaining them surely. Similar with Aguero (although there’s more chance he’ll have less minutes than the others)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

cover2.jpg

I had JUST made my peace with not having Aguero for the rest of the season..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Since I’m on Wildcard it looks like I’ll have to keep DGW29 in mind and plan to FH in 31...

callaway92 wrote: »
    If you have KDB/Auba in particular you should be captaining them surely. Similar with Aguero (although there’s more chance he’ll have less minutes than the others)

Suppose KDB is prob the call for me now alright so
    Mane and salah both hope to Bournemouth uncaptained
    Feels wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

After Foden’s heroics in the Carabao cup, I might go for him, replace Barnes who I just brought in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Initial thoughts are to just go with KDB. Auba costs me a -4 and possibly a Mane sacrifice, which is too high a price.

I currently have 7 for GW31, which would be 8 if I do my planned Grealish to Sarr. If I take a hit for Auba, I could be down to 5 and I might have to FH in GW31, something I want to avoid.

There is still the WC, but I haven’t really considered that yet.

Benimar wrote: »
    Initial thoughts are to just go with KDB. Auba costs me a -4 and possibly a Mane sacrifice, which is too high a price.

I currently have 7 for GW31, which would be 8 if I do my planned Grealish to Sarr. If I take a hit for Auba, I could be down to 5 and I might have to FH in GW31, something I want to avoid.

There is still the WC, but I haven’t really considered that yet.

Grealish to sarr is my most likely transfer now as well and bank the second one
    Keep it simple
    Trust the process
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Just last week I took out KDB for bruno. Have Auba for DGW but dont know if thats enough. Would have to sacrifice salah to get KDB back and not sure it's worth it

Advertisement