Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Sports Fantasy Football thread - 2019/20 Winner is Donegal1234

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

manual_man wrote: »
    Think i'm gonna go a bit nuts with Liverpool players - i can bring in VVD Henderson and Firmino to add to TAA Robertson and Mané. Will then have 13 transfers for the rest of the season

I'm gonna have 6 too. Only difference is Alisson and Salah vs your Mané and Robertson.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dead level atop the boards league. Pereira(C) worked out well for me today. Now to see how Liverpool players fare.

Another good showing today with Firmino(C) and Henderson bringing home the bacon. Into the top 1k for the 1st time. Though not quite as good as team Sky Virgins(is that you Dearg?)who had an even better showing.

Another good showing today with Firmino(C) and Henderson bringing home the bacon. Into the top 1k for the 1st time. Though not quite as good as team Sky Virgins(is that you Dearg?)who had an even better showing.

Yea I can't lose at this game at the moment, I wish I had the same luck in FPL!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Up now to 45th Overall with 15 transfers left. How are the rest of you getting on and thoughts with overhaul ?

• Advertisement

Up now to 45th Overall with 15 transfers left. How are the rest of you getting on and thoughts with overhaul ?

You probably could win it with 15 transfers left, I'd imagine most people ahead of you don't have that many. I've 13 and I'm up to 609th after a ridiculous score this week of 176 points. I haven't thought about the overhaul week yet.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    You probably could win it with 15 transfers left, I'd imagine most people ahead of you don't have that many. I've 13 and I'm up to 609th after a ridiculous score this week of 176 points. I haven't thought about the overhaul week yet.

I know starting to get nervous now. I seen this on twitter before the Liverpool game of transfers remaining and probably much less now. that’s a brilliant score you have many transfers left ?

I know starting to get nervous now. I seen this on twitter before the Liverpool game of transfers remaining and probably much less now. that’s a brilliant score you have many transfers left ?

I've 13, I used 5 this week wisely on some of the high scoring Liverpool players, I've 7 for next week.

For the overhaul could I lose value on players if I take them out and decide to put them back in? I don't understand the price changes in the game, I can't see anything in the rules section.

I've 13, I used 5 this week wisely on some of the high scoring Liverpool players, I've 7 for next week.

For the overhaul could I lose value on players if I take them out and decide to put them back in? I don't understand the price changes in the game, I can't see anything in the rules section.

Prices don’t changes on players they stay the same. makes things interesting. Think overhaul will be interesting regards Liverpool. with league pretty much wrapped up they might rest players before big champions leagues games so going to have to pick wisely

Prices don’t changes on players they stay the same. makes things interesting. Think overhaul will be interesting regards Liverpool. with league pretty much wrapped up they might rest players before big champions leagues games so going to have to pick wisely

Yea I guess we just try and pick players who are guaranteed to play like Grealish and Jiminez. It will be tricky though as you need to have a couple of big players in there.

• Advertisement

Quality stuff lads. Yup the Boardsies

Worth doing Sarr and Manè to Cantwell and Salah do ye think? I'd probably captain Salah tonight. Mané won't play tonight and probably won't start at the weekend. Sarr is a big doubt for the weekend too. Important decision. Reluctant to use two more transfers. Other 'Pool players are Bobby, TAA, VVD, Robbo and Hendo

Worth doing Sarr and Manè to Cantwell and Salah do ye think? I'd probably captain Salah tonight. Mané won't play tonight and probably won't start at the weekend. Sarr is a big doubt for the weekend too. Important decision. Reluctant to use two more transfers. Other 'Pool players are Bobby, TAA, VVD, Robbo and Hendo

After tonight’s their game is their is a overhaul aka a wildcard which lets you make unlimited changes. So wait until then

After tonight’s their game is their is a overhaul aka a wildcard which lets you make unlimited changes. So wait until then
    Overhaul isn't until after the following set of games.

Overhaul isn't until after the following set of games.

You are correct you saved me their

You are correct you saved me their
    Buy me a pint if you end up winning the whole thing ;):D

Buy me a pint if you end up winning the whole thing ;):D

That’s a deal , have mane so will transfer in salah tonight

That’s a deal , have mane so will transfer in salah tonight

How did you do tonight? You must have climbed up the rankings again. I'm up to 223 after 79 points.

How did you do tonight? You must have climbed up the rankings again. I'm up to 223 after 79 points.

52 points and up to 38 overall , 79 points many Liverpool
    Players do you have 😂

52 points and up to 38 overall , 79 points many Liverpool
    Players do you have 😂

I had 8, I brought in Van Dijk today. I even had the Ox and ignored Mané last week. Everything went my way last 2 weeks.

I'm raging I forgot to pick a couple of captains earlier in the season now! I might have given up a run for your money.

• Advertisement

I had 8, I brought in Van Dijk today. I even had the Ox and ignored Mané last week. Everything went my way last 2 weeks.

I'm raging I forgot to pick a couple of captains earlier in the season now! I might have given up a run for your money.

very good that’s some score. Will have to watch my back next for you coming after me. defo think I can at least make top 10 this year , fingers crossed

very good that’s some score. Will have to watch my back next for you coming after me. defo think I can at least make top 10 this year , fingers crossed

You might as well aim high and go for 1st. It's a pity they don't spread the cash out a bit more though. You deserve something if you get10th.

You might as well aim high and go for 1st. It's a pity they don't spread the cash out a bit more though. You deserve something if you get10th.

If I get into top 10 will aim for first , yea it’s pretty crap but I’m near the top of a few leagues so hopefully might win a few things. You still in the cup ?

If I get into top 10 will aim for first , yea it’s pretty crap but I’m near the top of a few leagues so hopefully might win a few things. You still in the cup ?

Yea although I didnt even know there was one until now :-)

Yea although I didnt even know there was one until now :-)

I am too makes it hard when you can’t see what players the other player has

Up to 565th myself. Out of around 400k or so teams that started the season - not bad! Props to you 2 lads up even higher! I've only 11 transfers left now... So will have to be very prudent and try to set things up solidly with the overhaul. How many transfers do each of ye have?

Up to 565th myself. Out of around 400k or so teams that started the season - not bad! Props to you 2 lads up even higher! I've only 11 transfers left now... So will have to be very prudent and try to set things up solidly with the overhaul. How many transfers do each of ye have?

I've 12 transfers. I thought the overhaul was this week until I saw your post so I'm a bit screwed this this week as i don't fancy Liverpool to score many against Southampton and I think Ings might nick one.

I've 12 transfers. I thought the overhaul was this week until I saw your post so I'm a bit screwed this this week as i don't fancy Liverpool to score many against Southampton and I think Ings might nick one.

I have 14 transfers left , looking forward to overhaul

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I haven't been paying this a huge amount of attention but still at 9k so am going all in now to get a decent finish. That's if I don't makes a balls of the overhaul!

• Advertisement

Bruno Fernandes added at £10.1m

Interesting price. Not sure i'll overhaul him in, but when their fixtures improve later on he'll be tempting.

Advertisement