Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P21

Options
  • 03-01-2020 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Anyone know how long before you can get a p21 for the previous year. It doesn't seem to be on paye anytime yet, and I keep getting an error when I select edit on statement of liability

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Anyone know how long before you can get a p21 for the previous year. It doesn't seem to be on paye anytime yet, and I keep getting an error when I select edit on statement of liability

Cheers

Middle of January. January 16th onwards I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Can anyone explain this a bit more to me? You just request it online and Revenue work out if you paid correct taxes is it? I think I overpaid last year - hence I am interested to know....

I already requested health tax back for last year and they seem to be coming up in same section - kind of confused now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Can anyone explain this a bit more to me? You just request it online and Revenue work out if you paid correct taxes is it? I think I overpaid last year - hence I am interested to know....

I already requested health tax back for last year and they seem to be coming up in same section - kind of confused now :)

A P21 is a balancing statement...a report showing whether you overpaid or underpaid tax for the year. It is now called a statement of liability.

You can request a statement of liability on its own to see if you are due tax back. If you claim back health expenses you are getting a review to see if you have underpaid or overpaid tax, and getting relief on your medical costs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

A P21 is a balancing statement...a report showing whether you overpaid or underpaid tax for the year. It is now called a statement of liability.

You can request a statement of liability on its own to see if you are due tax back. If you claim back health expenses you are getting a review to see if you have underpaid or overpaid tax, and getting relief on your medical costs as well.

Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Has anyone managed to get their P21 yet for 2019? Tax return was submitted in the first week of January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Has anyone managed to get their P21 yet for 2019? Tax return was submitted in the first week of January.

It tells me my statement of liability is available and when I click view it tells me "we are processing your most recent request. Your statement of liability will be available shortly"..

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Probably this week. Revenue have said from 20th onwards.
    It would not have been before 15 Jan as Revenue allow for employer amendments to 2019 up to then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I called on the 18th because the date I was provided (over mail) was the 17th and nothing cropped up. I had submitted an income tax return w/ medical expenses, some tax credit amendments, etc. earlier in the month.

I too see the "We are currently processing..." message when I click on "View". On the call I placed, they advised that it would show up in My Documents when it's ready.

Has anyone else received theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just checked an mines now available, din't get an email or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I applied for mine on Sunday night and received it yesterday via email.

• Advertisement

Just received this confusing email this morning. I applied back at the beginning of January and already received a text saying it'd be ready on the 17th.

This one makes me think that perhaps they've reached me in "the batch", but it doesn't tell me when I can expect it. Did anyone receive anything similar?

"Admháil Ríomhphoist (Leagan Gaeilge thíos)Thank you for submitting your Income Tax Return for 2019.Your return will be processed and we will contact you again shortly in this regard.Please note the acknowledgement number below for your records."

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wat24

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Just received this confusing email this morning. I applied back at the beginning of January and already received a text saying it'd be ready on the 17th.

This one makes me think that perhaps they've reached me in "the batch", but it doesn't tell me when I can expect it. Did anyone receive anything similar?

"Admháil Ríomhphoist (Leagan Gaeilge thíos)Thank you for submitting your Income Tax Return for 2019.Your return will be processed and we will contact you again shortly in this regard.Please note the acknowledgement number below for your records."

I just received the same one at 10.04 and another at 10.16

wat24 wrote: »
    I just received the same one at 10.04 and another at 10.16

Thanks! Any sign of your actual SoL?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wat24

Thanks! Any sign of your actual SoL?

No still no sign unfortunately!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I know a friend working in Revenue.

They have allowed all staff to take their remaining holidays (leave year finishes at end January for majority of new starters, who all work PAYE) this last few weeks. They have nobody doing any post all day. Everyone is on the phones and even with that, their is waiting times of upto 12 minutes a call.

They cant even manually issue End Yr Statements etc, as a load of employers have messed up wages during the year on new system and they need all them to be fixed.

Staff been asked to stay on phone lines all day, and staff are just taking half days as they dont want to do the phones all day.

Staff not getting any info from senior mgt on why everything is so slow. They even got an email telling them to tell the taxpayers, their is NO DELAY and the P21's etc are just processing.

I always thought Revenue was one of the best run GOVT departments.

crasy dash wrote: »
    I applied for mine on Sunday night and received it yesterday via email.

Congrats... :-|

(just kidding - glad you received it! :-))

Did you receive the actual SoL via mail or just a mail notification to say "Hey, your SoL is ready - log onto Revenue"? I ask as I'm wondering whether I should be obsessively checking Revenue.ie or waiting patiently for an e-mail to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Congrats... :-|

(just kidding - glad you received it! :-))

Did you receive the actual SoL via mail or just a mail notification to say "Hey, your SoL is ready - log onto Revenue"? I ask as I'm wondering whether I should be obsessively checking Revenue.ie or waiting patiently for an e-mail to arrive.

All I got was an email to say I had a new message on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I know a friend working in Revenue.

They have allowed all staff to take their remaining holidays (leave year finishes at end January for majority of new starters, who all work PAYE) this last few weeks. They have nobody doing any post all day. Everyone is on the phones and even with that, their is waiting times of upto 12 minutes a call.

They cant even manually issue End Yr Statements etc, as a load of employers have messed up wages during the year on new system and they need all them to be fixed.

Staff been asked to stay on phone lines all day, and staff are just taking half days as they dont want to do the phones all day.

Staff not getting any info from senior mgt on why everything is so slow. They even got an email telling them to tell the taxpayers, their is NO DELAY and the P21's etc are just processing.

I always thought Revenue was one of the best run GOVT departments.

Annual Leave can be carried over from one year to the next, but only for two consecutive years. If it's not all used by the end of Year 3, it's lost.

For many staff, the end of Year 3 is on 31 January this year.

People would generally use their Annual Leave for summer holidays etc, but keep some days. And hold on to them 'just in case' of something unexpected occurring - some domestic situation, the funeral of a friend or not-so-close relative etc. Hence there are a lot of people having to take leave about now.

That's just by way of background - I certainly won't comment on the overall management of Revenue!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

Is anybody else still waiting since mid January?

Yes - tons of us! Check out the larger thread over here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058046276&page=48

Lots of unhappy folks waiting a long time, no update on comms from Revenue and a seemingly random order of processing (some folks resubmitting and getting it almost immediately, others waiting since early January and still waiting...).

• Advertisement
Advertisement