Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Concrete floor drying times

• 23-01-2020 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Finishing a total renovation of a house in wicklow in the next month.
    Having some problems with drying times of the concrete at ground level. We put down 15cm. Moisture readings are not at the required levels for flooring. Anyone have any ideas how long it will take in this weather? Concrete was poured at the beginning of November. Builder doesn't want to give me a straight answer :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 werenotthere

Hi guys wondering if someone can help?

Doing a total refurb of a house in wicklow. Concrete floor was poured at the beginning of november to a depth of 150mm.

Cant get the correct moisture reading to lay the floor, anyone have any idea how long this should take at this time of the year? Builder wont give me a straight answer

• Subscribers Posts: 41,837 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

1 mm per day

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Le shovelle

Roughly dries out at 1mm per day. So in your case that's approx 150 days from pouring. Are you tiling the floors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭selfbuild17

Seal up the house as best you can and get in the dehumidifiers for a few days. There’s little or no drying in this weather without them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

What’s the floor?
    There are dpc products you can put down if required.
    As Syd says 1mm per day, but if it was down in nov, the question is what temp / how ventilated and how dry was the house since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

if using de-humids, don't over do it else you may warp door frames etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

To be fair it's impossible for the builder to accurately say how long it's going to take to dry out. Have you underfloor heating? If you can use that but on a very low heat and very slowly increase it. This will help a bit.

Don't rush it anyway or the floor covering will get destroyed, have to be taken up and redone costing thousands.

Thanks everyone for your help. It has been greatly appreciated.

I ❤ boards members

Advertisement