Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend quick release mount for Cycliq fly 12 (old model)

Options
  • 20-01-2020 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have the fly12 but I'm fed up screwing it on and off with the mount bolt (twice daily). Has anyone found a decent quick release mount they would recommend? I lost the mount screw bolt the other day so on the hunt for a better option!

thanks
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

If you've no joy with that request, I've spare bolts that you're welcome to one of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Really appreciate the offer but i managed to get a thumb screw. Still on the hunt for a quick release option!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I would love a spare screw, lost the attachment bolt and cannot find a bolt in all my collection that fits, have tons just marginally narrower.

As for a different mount, the go pro mounts will work with the old Fly 12, so any decent QR for a Go Pro should work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

There's loads of cheap options for packs of them on Amazon & Ebay, see Amazon listing here.

I've a pack which I bought just in case but so far they're just sat in a screw bin in my garage so again if you want one you're welcome to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bike-Bicycle-Quick-Release-Camera-Mount-For-Gopro-Garmin-Computer-Mount-Upside-/312774994881

Garmin out front mount of any kind, one of these. Quarter turn in and out (if itll bear the weight of a 12)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

There's loads of cheap options for packs of them on Amazon & Ebay, see Amazon listing here.

I've a pack which I bought just in case but so far they're just sat in a screw bin in my garage so again if you want one you're welcome to it.

I have a go pro screw and it seems to be slightly too small, so I bought a new mount altogether, which doesn't seem as solid as the official one. The threads don't look gone so would like to find out is it the threads or simply I have the wrong bolts. Let me know how I'd collect it and I will call over if possible. Thanks again

Advertisement