Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood framed house cistern void

Options
  • 24-01-2020 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I live in a new build wooden framed house. I have a cistern in built into the wall. We then have like a cill on top of the wall which conceals the cistern. About two months ago I had to remove the cill to gain access to the cistern and I never bothered sealing up the surrounding area of the cill with the wall. We don't use the shower in this room at all. Just wondering if this will present any issues if I don't seal it up with regards moisture. I would think not because we have very little moisture in the air. Also, there's only a small area around the perimeter of the cill that's not sealed, the cill in its current position covers 98% of the void. The room air is on the warmside of the insulation so no air could condense on the surface of any materials within the structure. Hope this makes sense, TIA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement