Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport tips - locations of post-security free water refills

Options
  • 31-12-2019 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Its a new thing to provide free water bottle top up stations or "taps" as we used to call them. this thread is for stations after security. so dont throw out that empty water bottle

Gatwick south is upstairs on the corridor to the toilets beside the bar/starbucks ...

its one of those ones for filling bottles, not just a bend-the-head-to-drink.

Feel free to add others

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Dublin has at least two taps straight after security.

I had no issue bringing an empty (cap removed) litre bottle through security, then filling it at the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭trellheim

Dublin has at least two taps straight after security.

I had no issue bringing an empty (cap removed) litre bottle through security, then filling it at the tap.

Which terminal, and where exactly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

trellheim wrote: »
    Which terminal, and where exactly ?

hydration-station_location_map_dublin_airport.jpg?sfvrsn=5a0577d9_4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Is there any chance they'll ever get rid of these silly liquid rules? Initially they were supposed to expire but then every time just before it did there was a so called terrorist "attempt" maybe perhaps involving liquids.

Even if they are now supplying free water airport shops must benefit hugely from these rules

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

There actually is a website about this, https://wateratairports.com/ . The website itself is a disgrace, but the information is better than nothing.

• Advertisement

You will find hydration stations in the corridors leading to the toilets in Terminal 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

Dublin ones never seem to work, or maybe it’s just me

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Most toilets in CPH have a separate sink for drinking water.

They also have a Scandinavian food shop that sells water for 10kr (€1.30) if you exit duty free to the right instead of 25kr everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭DubDani

Amsterdam has the new style scanners, so you can bring bottles of drinks through security without having to remove them from your bags.

When I last went through their on New Years day they were also starting to sell 500ml water bottles for 1 Euro at some of the shops.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Oslo Airport
    If you bring an empty water bottle through security and want to fill it with water, you can do this in several places in the terminal. Immediately after the security there is a two drink stations. In the Domestic part of the terminal, you can refill your water bottle by gate A10, B2 and C4. On International flights you can refill bottles at the gate D4 and E12. In the Non-Schengen area there is a drink station between gate F17 and F19.

All filling stations are marked with signs.

https://avinor.no/en/airport/oslo-airport/plan-your-trip/pafylling-av-vann/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

DubDani wrote: »
    Amsterdam has the new style scanners, so you can bring bottles of drinks through security without having to remove them from your bags.

When I last went through their on New Years day they were also starting to sell 500ml water bottles for 1 Euro at some of the shops.

The 100ml limit still applies, it's not up to individual airports.

The entire liquid ban thing is absurd anyway, a redundant regulation that only serves to increase the revenue of after security shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭DubDani

JCX BXC wrote: »
    The 100ml limit still applies, it's not up to individual airports.

The entire liquid ban thing is absurd anyway, a redundant regulation that only serves to increase the revenue of after security shops.

Not in my experience, and I have been through AMS 3 times in the last 2 months. There were even Service reps advising everyone that you did not have to empty or get rid of your bottles. We had 2 500ml bottles of Juice with us, and no problem at all to get them through. Not a question asked.

Advertisement