Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭893bet

That’s a very nice watch. My style interns of size and thickness. If you like it buy it! It’s a classy looking piece.

Other options with similar design case but higher quality (IMO) would be Stowa e.g below. New would be above your budget but these do pop up on the second hand market for around 400.

https://www.stowa.de/en/Marine+36+classic-arabic-white.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

thanks for the reply.. the Stowa watch is nice but i don't know near enough about watches to value what makes it higher quality and worth the money..

the Tissot is for sale at 154euro on CreationWatches.com.. a quick google says this is a reliable website.. i'd welcome anyone's experience to the contrary..

I think i'd prefer to see the watch before buying it..

Piriz wrote: »
    i've had this for almost 10 years and i've probably spent the same amount of money replacing the strap several times than i did on the watch itself.

Also i think/hope the nylon type strap will be very durable..
    There can be good and bad nylon straps - some getting tatty in a few months and some lasting for years.

In general nylon is a type of strap that's not going to last forever, it's a semi-consumable.

Also note that's a nato type strap. They're very popular but also divisive - some hate how they feel and wear (the position of the buckle and so forth), definitely try before you buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭893bet

Reliable enough website.

You may get caught to pay custom duties on top. Not sure what the rate is. Assume extra 50 or so will cover.

There can be good and bad nylon straps - some getting tatty in a few months and some lasting for years.

In general nylon is a type of strap that's not going to last forever, it's a semi-consumable.

Also note that's a nato type strap. They're very popular but also divisive - some hate how they feel and wear (the position of the buckle and so forth), definitely try before you buy.

Good advice, thanks..
    I'll try to find a place in dublin to try this watch on.. anyone got any ideas ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭pjdarcy

I have one of those Tissot watches. The only minor complaint I have is that it ticks very loudly. It's so loud that I can't leave it on my bedside locker at night

pjdarcy wrote: »
    I have one of those Tissot watches. The only minor complaint I have is that it ticks very loudly. It's so loud that I can't leave it on my bedside locker at night

Jaysus.. that could piss me right off.. disappointed to hear that.. I dont like ticking clocks.. I will definitely need to see, hear and wear before I buy..

Great info by the way thanks..

Advertisement