Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raymond Weil crown

Options
  • 16-01-2020 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hello! Hubby has an old ish RW automatic watch. Hasn’t worked for a while. We sent it off at the time for repair but wasn’t doable.
    So our son has recently gotten an eye for a nice watch. He decided he’d have a go at it. He’s only 14, but since it couldn’t be repaired we figured he had no harm to do!
    Anyway, it’s now ticking which it wasn’t before. He reckons it only needs a crown, or maybe just the bar attached to the crown?
    Maybe it’s stlll broken, but.......
    Does anyone have parts or know where we can get some?
    Local jeweller says he could “send it away”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Attach a photo of the watch and we can take a look. Not much that can't be fixed by the right expert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Cousins in the UK would be a start, I don't think RW make their own stuff, so could be an ETA movement, if that helps finding parts or not I don't know, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Sorry for the delay. Had to wait for the chief engineer 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

Looks like it needs a new stem.

Its uses a generic movement (ETA2824-2) so any competent watchmaker can fix it.

It looks pretty old as well so would probably benefit from a full service.

Its about 20 yrs old, but has been out of action for about 5.

• Advertisement

Take it to a watchmaker. Your "local jeweller" will be useless.

Try www.watchfix.ie and ask for a quote. From the best of my knowledge you'll be looking at about €300- €350

Thanks for advice..was hoping it could be an easier fix..not sure it worth that price even when fixed.

Unless it has some sentimental value I wouldn't bother fixing it. No harm getting a quote anyway just to see what it would cost.

Advertisement