Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Map/GPS in iOS Activity App (only in Strava App)

Options
  • 15-01-2020 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hello!

I tracked my activity with Strava app on my Apple Watch. After syncing with my iPhone I can see GPS/Maps in Strava App of my activity, that works great. I also allowed Strava app to write my activities to iOS Acitity App. I can see the actitity but at the bottom of the actitity there must be the GPS/Map, but I can't see it.

When I track my activity with the iOS Acitivity App I can also see the GPS/Map at the bottom of the actitity.

Is there a bug or can't Strava app sync GPS to iOS Actitity App?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I find using the Apple workout app better, download an app like HealthFit to then upload to Strava/TrainingPeaks/whathaveyou.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Strava was acting very odd last night maps wouldnt show up albeit the activity was visible..

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

Miklos wrote: »
    I find using the Apple workout app better, download an app like HealthFit to then upload to Strava/TrainingPeaks/whathaveyou.

I agree but there's no community or sharing facility with the Apple Activity app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Al74

Carnmore wrote: »

Is there a bug or can't Strava app sync GPS to iOS Actitity App?

Not a bug as such, Strava just doesn't write workout routes to the activity app database.

If you record your activity with the builtin Workout app you can use an app such as RunGap or HealthFit to export it to Strava.

Alternatively, apps such as Workouts++ and Intervals Pro do record the route in the activity app and can be exported to Strava using the above apps.

Advertisement