Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Why would anyone sign up to fight PP in CW? Erosa beat the **** out of him and the "judges" still have the win to Paddy.
    The owner of the promotion is Paddy's manager and the person who selects and pays the judges.

It's sketchy as ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Why would anyone sign up to fight PP in CW? Erosa beat the **** out of him and the "judges" still have the win to Paddy.
    The owner of the promotion is Paddy's manager and the person who selects and pays the judges.

It's sketchy as ****.

He's also a massive arsehole.

I won tickets to cagewarriors from a Facebook completion he ran and I never got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I met Paddy in a pub in London before the Till v Masvidal fight last year, couldn't have been a sounder lad to be honest. He sat with us for about 30 minutes and was a gent.

That thing about the ticket competition is bad though :D

dulux99 wrote: »
    I met Paddy in a pub in London before the Till v Masvidal fight last year, couldn't have been a sounder lad to be honest. He sat with us for about 30 minutes and was a gent.

That thing about the ticket competition is bad though :D

I was talking about Boylan rather than Paddy, never met him so I'd reserve judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paddy's version of events is Gianetti weighed in at 163 and immediately started rehydrating.

Apparently Gianetti offered to weigh-in no more than 168 on fight night.
    Casts doubt on the whole immediate rehydration angle.

Although, he could have just been lying about 168 and came in at 175+ on the night know it would go ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I'm now a big fan of Pimblett just because he said to that lad at the end who was trying to get the fight, 'there is no such thing as god'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Only just realised the Bellator prelims are on youtube here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK0xUsUXJGU

• Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Did any of you watch the main card in Wembley tonight? Poor card from start to finish. I've watched a fair few Bellator bouts but never a full main card before tonight, that was a let down. The only silver lining was to see a ko walk off (all be it in round 1)... So many times the downed fighter takes another 2 or 3 unnecessary blows.

Been floating about in here over the past few years, don't really post, plenty of good reading though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The finish in Belator was a little soft. I assume his leg was wrecked and he knew he wasn't .

https://streamable.com/ooon7

• Advertisement

I see all the usual SBG lads have been posting up images with their Bellator gloves on over the last couple of days. We'll be seeing them all on the Dublin card in February no doubt.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I see all the usual SBG lads have been posting up images with their Bellator gloves on over the last couple of days. We'll be seeing them all on the Dublin card in February no doubt.

Was there a litany of "ANIMAL BROTHER" etc comments on them?

Was there a litany of "ANIMAL BROTHER" etc comments on them?

Thankfully I don't lowet myself to reading the comments beneath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Would like to go to a decent MMA event in Ireland, but this doesn't seem too appealing. Hard to care about James Gallagher fighting another (I presume) nobody. The last Dublin card was pretty terrible in terms of mismatches. Wouldn't be too knowledgeable on Bellator. What's the opinion on this event here?

Still Ill wrote: »
    Would like to go to a decent MMA event in Ireland, but this doesn't seem too appealing. Hard to care about James Gallagher fighting another (I presume) nobody. The last Dublin card was pretty terrible in terms of mismatches. Wouldn't be too knowledgeable on Bellator. What's the opinion on this event here?

Go to cage warriors ;) actual meaningful fights where there's some bit of clarity as to where the fighters are going in their careers.

Still Ill wrote: »

I enjoyed the last Bellator event. I'll definitely be going to the one in February.

The biggest disappointment was the Benson Henderson v Myles Jury fight. A lot of the other fights were very entertaining. I left before Gallagher came on though. I've little interest in seeing him fight and zero interest in seeing him at a main event spot.

Peter Quelly v Brent Primus as co-main at the next Bellator Dublin. That's and amazing opportunity for Quelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

That is an absolutely unbelievable step up, crazy almost. Looking forward to that whole card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Has anyone got a link to the full card for Feb? The Bellator site just has 5 fights and I know I've seen more all in one place.

*nvm https://www.sherdog.com/events/Bellator-Dublin-Gallagher-vs-Ellenor-83191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Paul Redmond, most accomplished fighter on the card and only on the prelims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

He's no stranger to prelims. His fight style isn't very fan pleasing in general for a main card fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

califano wrote: »
    He's no stranger to prelims. His fight style isn't very fan pleasing in general for a main card fight.

I bet if he moved from Ryano to SBG he'd be on the main card...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Fedor starches Rampage then retires

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ajsmiles

Rampage just enjoyed xmas to much.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Fedor starches Rampage then retires

Not retired just yet! Apparently a translation error, he meant finished fighting in Japan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

Rampage looked absolutely terrible, not just bad, but utterly dreadful. They should put him up against Frank Mir next. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Rizin 20 on NYE was an amazing event, great night of fights. First time tuning in for Rizin and won't be the last!

Some damage done to the bellator Dublin card with injuries, Leah now main event.

That's the second time right? Undisclosed injury is very vague, 3 weeks out too... In fairness he's not a huge loss in terms of fight quality, but in terms of hype and atmosphere as a main event it will be missed.

hots wrote: »
    That's the second time right? Undisclosed injury is very vague, 3 weeks out too... In fairness he's not a huge loss in terms of fight quality, but in terms of hype and atmosphere as a main event it will be missed.

Gallagher being out makes little difference I reckon. Personally I left before good fight last time out and I don't think meant are too bothered seeing him or not.

Quelly v Primus should be the main event.

• Advertisement

Gallagher being out makes little difference I reckon. Personally I left before good fight last time out and I don't think meant are too bothered seeing him or not.

Quelly v Primus should be the main event.

Quellys also out, so is redser. That's why I said the cards taken some damage.

ASOT wrote: »

any extra fights added or replacements found for those two? 3 big fights to lost otherwise.

any extra fights added or replacements found for those two? 3 big fights to lost otherwise.

Not to my knowledge no. These cards never really find replacements iv noticed, the cards do be big enough and tickets sold that they don't care.

Not to my knowledge no. These cards never really find replacements iv noticed, the cards do be big enough and tickets sold that they don't care.

Actually looks like Primus is now fighting Chris Bungard

Redser isn't out is he?

Redser isn't out is he?

From what I know he is, hence why he's been DJing more than trianing the last few weeks.
    Actually looks like Primus is now fighting Chris Bungard

Good to know!

From what I know he is, hence why he's been DJing more than trianing the last few weeks.

Good to know!

He's still on the list, I saw somebody this morning moaning that his fight should have been made the main event to replace Gallagher

What? When were they announced, I missed that. Redser only got a new opponent a few days ago.

What? When were they announced, I missed that. Redser only got a new opponent a few days ago.

Quelly is out about a week now

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Halek

Trying to work out from tickets and failing - what time do the fights start this Saturday?

• Advertisement

Gallagher and Ellanor having the worst Twitter exchange I have ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Halek wrote: »
    Trying to work out from tickets and failing - what time do the fights start this Saturday?

The running order of the card is an absolute headwreck I think. The main event is a joke.

Halek wrote: »

First fight is scheduled for 4.30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Wonder what the turnout will be for this, looking forward to it myself, but definitely not one for the casuals

D.Q wrote: »
    Wonder what the turnout will be for this, looking forward to it myself, but definitely not one for the casuals

Good few tickets still up for sale so I'd say it'll be poor enough. Looking forward to it though, great day of it and it's a serious amount of fights for the cost of it really.

D.Q wrote: »

I'm in two minds if I'm going or not. It's not the event just been an expensive few weeks between one thing and another and I'm wrecked tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Anyone see on Virgin Media 3 on Virgin box it's showing law and order in until 1am and not Bellator at 10pm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Anyone see on Virgin Media 3 on Virgin box it's showing law and order in until 1am and not Bellator at 10pm...

definitely the better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

dashoonage wrote: »
    definitely the better choice.

Haha fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

What times Leah McCourt likely to be on at?

Advertisement