Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MF 399 hydraulic pressure

Options
  • 13-03-2016 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭

i know this subject came up before but i cant find thread so mods please change it if you wish
    The hydraulic oil pressure light is flickering on and off on mf399 , the pressure switch is located on top of hydraulic pipe to cooler just over the rad, its the 6354 perkins engine, a mech tried to convince me its just a wiring problem or faulty switch but id prefer to test it, what is recommended oil pressure,
    i tried accessing the pdf MF 399 workshop manual but failed
    how do you test the oil pressure on this line,it comes off front of double pump. is the oil pressure at tipping pipes the same, i just changed screw on filter and cleaned the other 2 filters, thanks for advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Suckler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

i see according to that hyd pressure is rated at 3000psi, but what im trying to figure is what is pressure operating range at that pressure switch supposed to be and can it be tested independently or separately from pressure at tipping point or are the 2 similar at all times,provided there is no problem elsewhere,
    the hydraulics are capable of lifting a round bale of silage on back loader via spool valves no problem, maybe i should simply fit a new pressure switch and hope the old one is just faulty, its probably only 20 or 30 euro anyway,but id hate to find old switch was actually ok then and it may be the double pump is in need of replacement, or can they be reconditioned succesfully

fitted new switch and oil pressure is 3 to 3.4k pounds , however when i lock steering hard light comes on. anyone got suggestion.

another problem is lift is not staying at set height,ie, if mowing you can spot lift dropping by about six inches and if you stop pto and just wait lift arms will raise up to height set without touching lever, in any case if lift drops fully its pointless going near lift lever anyways,until it resets with pto off
    someone suggested replacing lift piston, cylinder and linkages, any suggestions?

i have since drained out half the hydraulic oil and added 10 gallons of diesel . did some light work for a few days and drained it, wish now i worked it harder for a longer period as i was advised by a local contractor,.,he reckon old oil sticks in places and needs to be flushed while working, i was afraid diesel would do harm ,,

fitted new filters and oil pressure switch, big improvement, but lift still drops while lever is in same position

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭emaherx

sandydan wrote: »
    i have since drained out half the hydraulic oil and added 10 gallons of diesel . did some light work for a few days and drained it, wish now i worked it harder for a longer period as i was advised by a local contractor,.,he reckon old oil sticks in places and needs to be flushed while working, i was afraid diesel would do harm ,,

fitted new filters and oil pressure switch, big improvement, but lift still drops while lever is in same position

Do you know there are 3 hydraulic filters on that tractor?
    Screw on one beside engine, one with 3 bolts under tractor and one in return line from tandom pump near gear box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

I have the workshop manual. Pm me your email address.

Worn Swivel axle eye for power steering track end

the eye for power steering track end is worn in swivel axle housing in MF 399 , is it possible to get the bushing insert for it .
    I know it was available in UK but i haven't any luck with main dealer. Housing has to be removed and drilled and bushing tapped in and welded. i presume housing is cast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭emaherx

sandydan wrote: »
    Worn Swivel axle eye for power steering track end

the eye for power steering track end is worn in swivel axle housing in MF 399 , is it possible to get the bushing insert for it .
    I know it was available in UK but i haven't any luck with main dealer. Housing has to be removed and drilled and bushing tapped in and welded. i presume housing is cast

https://www.johnconaty.com/MFTR3022-p/10541.htm

Drilled ours in place using a mag drill, think we made a steal bracket and clamped it to axle to hold drill.

thanks for that information, much appreciated.
    did you spot weld it in place then.

399 rocker cover ..

has anyone removed a 399 rockere cover recently if so what holds it in place is it the 4 studs on top or are there more bolts around cover

• Advertisement
Advertisement