Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Teaching - CV Help

Options
  • 24-01-2021 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I want to apply for jobs outside of teaching, but I'm unsure how to structure a CV and tailor my classroom skills to make me look employable in other jobs. Has anyone here transitioned out of teaching previously that could help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

PeterPan92 wrote: »
    I want to apply for jobs outside of teaching, but I'm unsure how to structure a CV and tailor my classroom skills to make me look employable in other jobs. Has anyone here transitioned out of teaching previously that could help?

I did, but do you really want to milk cows?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

It will depend somewhat on what jobs you are applying for, I would tweak my CV for every job I apply for usually. I'm transitioning into teaching from a business/arts background, let me know if I can be of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Emmalousie94

Hi, you posted this a while ago, so you still need a hand? I’d be happy to help

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

There's a Facebook page called transitioning out of teaching - might be worth posting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

What type of job do you want to apply for?

How to structure your CV will depend on what job youre after. You should edit your CVs for different types of roles, so that youre emphasising the most relevant things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement