Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

I really can't see the point in Prime now if everything is going to take so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I really can't see the point in Prime now if everything is going to take so long.

I cancelled mine. Free delivery was a big deal for me.

Even with using the .de it only covers Germany & Austria.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I cancelled mine. Free delivery was a big deal for me.

Even with using the .de it only covers Germany & Austria.

Is there any free delivery without prime?

Mine is due for renewal this week, and with shipping taking ~2 weeks, and brexit throwing a spanner in the pricing, I don't see the point. On a student offer though, so only ~€50 a year.

Is there any free delivery without prime?

Mine is due for renewal this week, and with shipping taking ~2 weeks, and brexit throwing a spanner in the pricing, I don't see the point. On a student offer though, so only ~€50 a year.

It depends on the supplier to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Hi as above, item says prime free delivery but when it's in baskets its adding delivery charge?

Prime badge at the item means there is same day dispatch available. It might be dispatched by Amazon, then there is no shipping charge, or 3rd party seller, which might charge you for shipping.

Annoyingly, there is no way to filer only items that would ship for free....

• Advertisement

You get Prime Video, Prime Music, discount on Amazon Music, plus unlimited storage for your photos.

It depends on the supplier to be honest.

Well I have prime at the moment, added an item which said "free shipping for prime members" and bam! £9 shipping. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

grogi wrote: »
    You get Prime Video, Prime Music, discount on Amazon Music, plus unlimited storage for your photos.

Do you get music here, I get the message it's not available due to my region. Am I missing something there?

Do you get music here, I get the message it's not available due to my region. Am I missing something there?

Yes, I do.

None of which i would use as i have other suppliers for those.

• Advertisement

None of which i would use as i have other suppliers for those.

Ditto. More I look at it, the more it makes no sense to pay for prime, even at €50 a year.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well I have prime at the moment, added an item which said "free shipping for prime members" and bam! £9 shipping. :rolleyes:

I haven't found that at all, ordered multiple prime items now and all with free delivery. Even gotten 21% VAT off many items under €22 :)

Can you point to the above item?

bk wrote: »
    I haven't found that at all, ordered multiple prime items now and all with free delivery. Even gotten 21% VAT off many items under €22 :)

Can you point to the above item?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/4000mA-Switching-Adaptor-Supply-5-5mmx2-1mm/dp/B07Y8MS5HM/

image.png
    image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

That's not fulfilled by Amazon. Only items sold or fulfilled by Amazon are eligible for free shipping to Ireland.

Gadgie wrote: »
    That's not fulfilled by Amazon. Only items sold or fulfilled by Amazon are eligible for free shipping to Ireland.

Yet it tells me, free shipping.

Are you looking for an answer or someone admitting you're right?

Items Fullfiled by Amazon will have free shipping. Other sellers might or rather might not offer free shipping to ROI.

Get this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tesfish-Supply-Converter-Adapter-5-5x2-1-Black/dp/B01DPXDB04 or this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/GeeekPi-Adapter-Raspberry-Expansion-Management/dp/B088M1Q7GF

It appears that some sellers offer free shipping to UK customers with Prime. But only items fulfilled by Amazon qualify for free shipping here.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Not sold or fulfilled by Amazon.

This is a weird case that was also true pre-brexit. Some third party sellers could opt to offer free shipping to Prime UK customers, but weren't really using Amazon warehouses and it didn't apply to Ireland. I've seen that myself in the past with some niche products.

I just added a dozen or so prime items either sold or fulfilled by Amazon, to my cart and all free delivery to Ireland. E.g. Amazon Echo Show, Electric toothbrush, Lego sets, etc.

Are you looking for an answer or someone admitting you're right?

Can't I have both? I'm not wrong, i've shown screens of what i'm seeing - regardless of who fulfills the order, it says free shipping (which up until now has always been free shipping for me) yet wants to charge £9.

I'm looking for some insight as to why this would be.

Anyways. What's amazons shipping costs, for amazon fulfilled orders, without prime? £4/£6 on items under £20. Free on items over £20? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html

Can't I have both? I'm not wrong, i've shown screens of what i'm seeing - regardless of who fulfills the order, it says free shipping (which up until now has always been free shipping for me) yet wants to charge £9.

I'm looking for some insight as to why this would be.

You've already received multiple responses with the answer why. These items are not fulfilled by Amazon.

The image you posted says "Not eligible for Amazon Prime (Learn more)". Did you click the link? If yes, what did it say?

image.png

Amazon could display the postage costs for Irish customers on the search and product pages for these items if they wanted to. The fact that they don't is a sign of their attitude towards their Irish customer base.

Anyways. What's amazons shipping costs, for amazon fulfilled orders, without prime? £4/£6 on items under £20. Free on items over £20? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_201910060_to_201955900_2?nodeId=201955900#GUID-4B07A895-53A8-4B77-97A4-D950DC206246__SECTION_CB42873AD3EF4E97A86579208FC49F09

• Advertisement

Gadgie wrote: »
    You've already received multiple responses with the answer why. These items are not fulfilled by Amazon.

The image you posted says "Not eligible for Amazon Prime (Learn more)". Did you click the link? If yes, what did it say?

We're a happy bunch in here, eh?

How about the other image then? The one which says "free delivery", beside a big prime badge. I understand the reason why is not free, as you say it's been explained plenty, I just don't understand why it says free, then decides it's not 1 click later.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

How about the other image then? The one which says "free delivery", beside a big prime badge. I understand the reason why is not free, as you say it's been explained plenty, I just don't understand why it says free, then decides it's not 1 click later.

Then it figures out that you are not in the UK. When I click on it, it shows Prime, but not free delivery.

Same reason it shows price including UK VAT rate until you check out.

As I said in my last post, Amazon have the ability to fix this if they want to. They already show location specific delivery restrictions on the product page. But they obviously don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Really? I don't mind delayed delivery. If anything I think now is the best time to have Prime account. All your purchases under 22 euro are duty free, no VAT. Direct saving of 23%
    Amazon music, books, magazines, free book each month is still there. Amazon Prime Video from UK is still there and working, its just not direct.
    I've purchased items from Amazon that didn't charge me VAT rate and was delivered next day as it was shipped from Irish warehouse. Nice. Not many but nice surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Really? I don't mind delayed delivery. If anything I think now is the best time to have Prime account. All your purchases under 22 euro are duty free, no VAT. Direct saving of 23%
    Amazon music, books, magazines, free book each month is still there. Amazon Prime Video from UK is still there and working, its just not direct.
    I've purchased items from Amazon that didn't charge me VAT rate and was delivered next day as it was shipped from Irish warehouse. Nice. Not many but nice surprise.

I'm still waiting for my January 11th order....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Is there any plan for amazon.ie?

mcsean2163 wrote: »

I wouldn't say so, we are a little market.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mcsean2163 wrote: »

Put it this way, Amazon.nl only launched in March 2020
    The Netherlands has a population of nearly 20million.

Ireland only has a population of almost 5million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

If anything I think now is the best time to have Prime account. All your purchases under 22 euro are duty free, no VAT. Direct saving of 23%

so if i want several items i'm better off buying them individually on different days so they don't go over €22 ?

Advertisement