Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer DIY Kit (220 x 220 x 250mm Printing Size) for €176.48

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Decided to get one of these today. Should be a nice upgrade from my Monoprice. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

Can't for the life of me get it to put down an even print though, upgraded to glass bed at the same time, I've to do some more playing around to get it right, it's putting down half the print side perfect the other side is all stingy and lifting off the bed.
    Great tip i picked up is to use folded aluminium foil as a spacer under the magnetic bed.
    Seems like no printer bed is entirely flat. Use a ruler with flashlight to find the low spot(s) and pad with foil.
    With mine I had a slight dip in the centre of the bed. Two 3" squares of foil under the magnetic mat reduced the gap enough to get 1st layer to stick (most times!).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

andydurnin wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a website or youtube channel for the likes of me who would be a complete beginner. I'd love to get into 3d printing.

I think Chuck Hellebuyck is really good, not a lot of flash, just simple advice.

https://www.youtube.com/user/beginnerelectronics (ignore the old channel name!)

The most important thing about 3d printing (in my opinion) is leveling the bed and his video on it is really good:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EfWVUJjBdA

It's a couple of example files you can put on your SD card and run anytime you need to relevel the bed.

Lucifer wrote: »
    Anyone who is using octoprint, did you all cover the 5v pin on the USB cable to stop random serial disconnects?

I actual made a device for this! A few years ago I was the problem that the pi was keeping my printer screen on. so I made my first PCB which was basically a USB pass through, but without the 5v line connected.

I'm taking a break from selling stuff at the moment but this is it:
    https://www.tindie.com/products/brianlough/power-blough-r/?pt=ac_prod_search

It works the exact same as the tape method but its just more plug and play

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bryan06

andydurnin wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a website or youtube channel for the likes of me who would be a complete beginner. I'd love to get into 3d printing.

Teaching Tech is a very good channel. And lots of videos specifically on the Ender3
    https://www.youtube.com/c/TeachingTech/
    I think Chuck Hellebuyck is really good, not a lot of flash, just simple advice.

https://www.youtube.com/user/beginnerelectronics (ignore the old channel name!)

The most important thing about 3d printing (in my opinion) is leveling the bed and his video on it is really good:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EfWVUJjBdA

It's a couple of example files you can put on your SD card and run anytime you need to relevel the bed.

I actual made a device for this! A few years ago I was the problem that the pi was keeping my printer screen on. so I made my first PCB which was basically a USB pass through, but without the 5v line connected.

I'm taking a break from selling stuff at the moment but this is it:
    https://www.tindie.com/products/brianlough/power-blough-r/?pt=ac_prod_search

It works the exact same as the tape method but its just more plug and play

Hey Brian! Just came across your videos last week when I was looking into getting a TS80P and playing with USB PD. Keep up the great videos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

bryan06 wrote: »
    ]
    I had a problem before where I couldn't get things level and it turned out that my z axis rollers were loose on the right hand side causing the head to be at an angle.

You set me on the right road there, z axis was way off, got the z all tightened up, levelled correctly, it's printing perfect now and the bltouch is doing its job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Well this is tempting to buy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Wing126 wrote: »

last week at least, that site was not shipping to ireland due to covid restraints. i tried both the UK and the euro warehouses

Is that the shop your not meant to buy from as it's not creality official.

Amazon france is worth a look, quickest delivery from Europe I've noticed and no extra duty etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭userfriendly

Highly tempted by this, definitely something I'd use every month or so but don't want it taking up space when not in use is it possible to partially disassemble for storage? Obviously there's a bit of set up each time levelling etc I don't mind that.

Also is there a smell of plastic when printing?

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    Make sure to get the 'Pro' rather than the regular version; the pro has:
    • Better power supply (Meanwell branded rather than generic)
    • Removeable magnetic platform - helps remove larger prints from the bad
    • Stiffer Y-axis using larger aluminium profile
    When I bought from Tomtop last year, I added on a glass bed for €10 at time of order. I haven't used the glass bed yet though! Delivery, in December, took about 2 weeks.

Highly tempted by this, definitely something I'd use every month or so but don't want it taking up space when not in use is it possible to partially disassemble for storage? Obviously there's a bit of set up each time levelling etc I don't mind that.

Only tried PLA and there's little or no smell.
    Printing in ABS will give a smell, perhaps others here can tell us how bad!

I would not advise disassembly once assembled. When you get these yolks dialled in you don't really want to do anything to throw it off. Having to calibrate each time would be, for me anyway, a pain and not encourage use.

Prusa mini is a little neater for storage, twice the price and a 3mt waiting list. Meant to be very good support and less fiddling to get a good print.

https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printers/994-original-prusa-mini.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAgJWABhArEiwAmNVTB-rIEBeU1fGaAOTOqF-TIH8PPVVKOFNHZwe2t1tFWXyJRLuDVgUXuhoC1YEQAvD_BwE

The first 5 jobs I plan on printing will be upgrades for the printer itself. Still amazes me how you can basically make your own parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

Is that the shop your not meant to buy from as it's not creality official.

Amazon france is worth a look, quickest delivery from Europe I've noticed and no extra duty etc.

Yeah. Creality official is the proper one to use.

The crowd from the link is a distributor I think (you can tell by the contact email for support is gmail)

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

mine has arrived from the shop linked in the OP. looking forward to getting it set up tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

mossym wrote: »
    mine has arrived from the shop linked in the OP. looking forward to getting it set up tonight

Just wondering how long it took for delivery?
    Enjoy :)

ordered on the 12th, arrived today

Lucifer wrote: »
    I have done a few upgrades. Have a pi with octoprint and camera. I got the creality silent board. I have upgraded the bed springs which helps keep it level without needing regular adjustment. They were only about 3 euro. I have an all metal extruder but have not got around to fitting it. Have capricorn tubing ordered and a cheap all metal hotend ordered.

People who upgraded to the bltouch or equivalent, how often were you leveling the bed before getting this? I don't do it too often.

Anyone who is using octoprint, did you all cover the 5v pin on the USB cable to stop random serial disconnects?

can you link the springs you got? have a bl touch en route but would like to do the springs too

How much difference does the silent board make to the operating noise? I am deciding whether to go with the motor dampers, or the board and would be interested to know if the board alone would be enough to quieten it down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

I have the silent board, and I would say it removes about 80/90% of the noise. The only thing I hear now is the fan.

been printing pretty much non stop since i got this, had been toying with the idea for a long time and was always worried i'd get it and not use it. doubt very much that is going to be the case. using up the white filament which comes with the ender on the recommended printer mods, (i did do the 20mm cube, but not done the boat)

hugely impressed, i'm an electroinc engineer so this is like the ultimate toy. loving it.

IBqUirWl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bryan06

mossym wrote: »
    can you link the springs you got? have a bl touch en route but would like to do the springs too

Most people use these yellow ones. They're stiffer then the stock ones.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heating-Compression-Compatible-Creality-Connection/dp/B088M1JRRJ/

I have a good few spare ones. If you DM me your address I can stick some in the post to you free of charge.

cheers for that, actually ordered the sames ones already but really appreciate the offer.

this thing may have been a bargain price for the printer, but all the bits and pieces i've bought since have added up to a fortune!!

best upgrade was the SKR Mini E3 board, zero motor noise now, makes it into a new printer, and is plug and play, although i am going to start compiling my own firmware now, want to get that thermal runaway sorted.

came with a BL touch, but not a long enough cable to actually install it, but i'm not seeing the need right now, prints are near perfect, have the glass bed to put on and the upgrade springs are arriving today so will install that then

raspberry pi en route for octoprint, printer is chugging away behind me doing the case for that.

noctua fan and some buck converters en route, should get the noise levels down low enough i won't do any more tinkering on that aspect (famous last word)

and then a bunch of wire, dupont crimping set, decent digital calipers...luckily it's all cheap stuff, but you buy enough it adds up!!

any mandalorian fans, a mate was mad to get his hands on a beskar ingot, printed one, turned out perfect, even the exterior design. sending it to him for final sanding and painting. having great fun :)

Ik1FMmxl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Hi all.

I'm going to buy the Ender 3 pro.

Is the site linked by the OP a safe place to buy or what do you guys recommend.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Buy from https://www.creality3dofficial.com/

The .shop one is a reseller with zero aftersales service with issues. You will get your printer, but once you get it you're on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Thanks.

Does the Ender 3 pro sold from that site come with filament

enough for a couple of small prints. you'll need to order more almost immediately

you'll get the same amount in the box no matter who you order from

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Does the Ender 3 pro sold from that site come with filament

The first customer review says

"The provided filament, though not much, sufficed for a few early prints which were super cool to make sure the extruder and coordinates worked"

so I assume you get a small amount like the amount of free ink you get with an inkjet printer.

Advertisement