Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The EB-5 investor visa

Options
  • 12-05-2020 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey all,
    I am curious to know how this works, you need a million euro (?) in an account and I invest in a company in the state (recommended states?)
    Seems to very complicated
    Any advice recommended

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

You need to employ a US worker as well I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Hey all,
    I am curious to know how this works, you need a million euro (?) in an account and I invest in a company in the state (recommended states?)
    Seems to very complicated
    Any advice recommended

The wiki page on EB-5 is good, basically an investory has to invest $900k if it's a Targeted Economic Area or $1.8 million if not. The investment has to lead to at least 10 jobs being created for American citizens. Once the investment is approved, the investor and their immediate family get 2 year conditional green cards, after 2 years they can apply for removal of the conditions but the investor has to show that the 10 jobs have been created before conditions are removed. There is no guarantee of any return so ultimately it could be paying $1.8 million for green cards.

Advertisement