Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why make it so hard for over 70?

Options
  • 25-01-2021 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭

How do I get the key to use online banking easy?   I'm over 70 with failing eyssight and used that new website yesterday, it must have taken me 10 attempts!!  I use and iphone 6 for calls and put the mobile app on a moto phone. I was not aware that now to login I need the moto phone, the app opened, then while on desktop , I need to enter my pin for phone, open app, enter my details for 365, wait for a notification on phone but phone has app open waiting for log in information, so get timed out on desktop.  try again and again until eventually the swipe bit pops up. Who decvsed this half baked system.  I hvae iphone 6 registered so why not send me a text Like I have with UK bank.

PLease tell me hoe I can log in to my account using an easier method or I'll have to close account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Swoofer,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty using our new website. If you do not have access to your mobile, you can continue to log in as normal by selecting "I don't have the app" on the first screen when you enter www.365online.com. The physical security key will be available to order in the coming weeks, and we will be in touch with customers once more information becomes available.

We hope this information helps. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

That is perfect, just tried it and back to normal. 

Out of interest is there an app for an IPHONE 6?

And take your time with that physical security key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Swoofer, 

Thanks for getting back to us.

In order for our mobile app to work, we require a minimum operating system of iOS 12.  Unfortunately, the app can no longer work on smartphones that have operating systems older than this, however you can continue to use the desktop site with a PSK once these become available. 

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Hi Swoofer, 

Thanks for getting back to us.

In order for our mobile app to work, we require a minimum operating system of iOS 12.  Unfortunately, the app can no longer work on smartphones that have operating systems older than this, however you can continue to use the desktop site with a PSK once these become available. 

Thanks,
    Richard
    Can you give us an exact date when the PSK devices will become available?
    Please, do NOT say ring us blah blah blah, I dont ring boi to be kept on hold for 20 minutes, if I manage to get through, to be given a dont know answer or get cut off and start all over, no thanks.
    I'd appreciate if you just answer the question,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I absolutely agree with the OP. Don't know about the 'over 70' business but it took me several attempts to get my phone and my laptop lined up - they were taking turns to time out while I was trying to figure out what the Bank wanted me to do.

In the end I suspect it was easier than it appeared, but it was very confusing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi All,

Thanks for getting back to us here on Boards.ie.

Please be assured as soon as there is more information on this, we will let our customers know. In the meantime, I have attached a link here with more information on the Physical Security Key.

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement