Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinglanna, Glanmire, Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

bailey99 wrote: »
    I've a four bed semi in glanmire in decent condition. What's that worth considering three bed semis here are 355? I'm five mins walk from the super valu.

Valuation is the way to go. You are hampered by the fact Glanmire has a lot of new build estates - this one, Glashaboy, Crawford etc. As the HTB can contribute towards 30k and this estate also offers an additional 20k for LIHAF, even though prices are 355k, in reality FTB are paying a lot less than 355k which will affect you. Glashboy 3 beds are around 315k also.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Corkgirl20

I realise I’m late to this thread, has anybody here moved into Ballinglanna yet?
    Any comments or advice ?
    I’ve been up to view the area a few times and it looks lovely , really friendly atmosphere.
    I’m considering buying a 3/4 bed semi D in the next phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BlueCarpet

For those who bought there, is it possible to find out whereabouts the social housing will be?

Corkgirl20 wrote: »
    I realise I’m late to this thread, has anybody here moved into Ballinglanna yet?
    Any comments or advice ?
    I’ve been up to view the area a few times and it looks lovely , really friendly atmosphere.
    I’m considering buying a 3/4 bed semi D in the next phase.

My friend bought on first phase and it getting on great. She loves the house. She said the hardest part is you are living on/near a building site for noise and dust that will be activate for years but that’s not forever.

BlueCarpet wrote: »
    For those who bought there, is it possible to find out whereabouts the social housing will be?

When my friends bought they asked that and was they weren’t going to be in the first few phases while the LIHAF Discount was there.

• Advertisement

Dolbhad wrote: »
    When my friends bought they asked that and was they weren’t going to be in the first few phases while the LIHAF Discount was there.

Ok thanks. We were talking to a property agent today, when we asked about the social housing, they hung up. I'm taking that as a bad sign.

Ok thanks. We were talking to a property agent today, when we asked about the social housing, they hung up. I'm taking that as a bad sign.

Ask is there any houses left with the LIHAF discount. If they say they are all sold, I’d expect there could be social housing from then on in the phases.

Not saying it works in every estate but when we were looking in Cork, the estate was a mixture of 3 bed semi, 4 bed semi and 4 bed detached. There was a row of terrace houses and the builder was upfront that they were the part v social housing.

LIHAF Scheme has been accounted for, there were 110 houses, that’s not to say they’ve all been built though just allocated. LIHAF is separate to social housing. There is 60 social/council houses and they are not in the first area.

Looks like a lovely estate , there will be a further phase to the left at a later stage.

Ask is there any houses left with the LIHAF discount. If they say they are all sold, I’d expect there could be social housing from then on in the phases.

Not saying it works in every estate but when we were looking in Cork, the estate was a mixture of 3 bed semi, 4 bed semi and 4 bed detached. There was a row of terrace houses and the builder was upfront that they were the part v social housing.

Ya they said alright LIHAF was all accounted for. We asked then is social housing in one area or throughout the whole development, he hung up. It's a lot of money to be parting with without them letting you know what the story would be.

Ya they said alright LIHAF was all accounted for. We asked then is social housing in one area or throughout the whole development, he hung up.

I think the hanging up probably says it all.
    All I know is that it’s not in area 1 or the part of area 3 that’s been released ( all sold now). So it’s either area 2 or 3 or between both.

• Advertisement

Ya they said alright LIHAF was all accounted for. We asked then is social housing in one area or throughout the whole development, he hung up. It's a lot of money to be parting with without them letting you know what the story would be.

The thing is in the end it’s going to be a massive estate - planning is for around 700 houses I think. So 10% of that means there will be a good few social houses there. We did look at another estate before but the only houses left had all the social housing to the back of us. The auctioneer was upfront about it but I didn’t want to part with 360k for that.

The thing is in the end it’s going to be a massive estate - planning is for around 700 houses I think. So 10% of that means there will be a good few social houses there. We did look at another estate before but the only houses left had all the social housing to the back of us. The auctioneer was upfront about it but I didn’t want to part with 360k for that.

The rest of the estate won’t be built for a while, possibly years.
    Can I ask what type of house was it for 360k?
    Did you end up buying one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Shoden

That doesn't sound right to me, it's Sherry Fitz sell them and any time I've asked they've always told me exactly where the social housing was going in developments in Cork. Did you try calling them back?

The rest of the estate won’t be built for a while, possibly years.
    Can I ask what type of house was it for 360k?
    Did you end up buying one ?

It was in Courtbrack in blarney. In was a detached 4 bed house. As it was further out, there was a bit more value for money. Those builders also have estates in blarney and whites cross currently ongoing as well.

We didn’t buy it in the end. We actually bought a second hand house detached instead in a mature estate.

Yes Glanmire will takes years to build alright. But still will be a big estate in the end. The other scheme apparently that will have LIHAF is in Whitechurch according to the list online about lIHAF but haven’t seen or heard anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Irador222

Based on the ppr it looks like to top part in Mill view has social housing.
    Google search will show the Cork city council has them up as available for tenancy

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Winegum1

Irador222 wrote: »
    Based on the ppr it looks like to top part in Mill view has social housing.
    Google search will show the Cork city council has them up as available for tenancy
    Hi there, could you post a link to this info please?

Interested in the area myself and would like to find out more thanks!

Hey there Cork girl. Could I ask how you know where the social housing will be?
    I'm also looking at the estate. Haven't asked an estate though and I'm not sure how upfront they would be with this.

I think the hanging up probably says it all.
    All I know is that it’s not in area 1 or the part of area 3 that’s been released ( all sold now). So it’s either area 2 or 3 or between both.

Have you bought yourself cork girl?

Winegum1 wrote: »
    Have you bought yourself cork girl?

I Viewed the first phase late on, only a handful of houses left and not the size I wanted also viewed Mill View but I wasn’t mad about the white plaster finish. So I’m waiting for the next phase.

I Viewed the first phase late on, only a handful of houses left and not the size I wanted also viewed Mill View but I wasn’t mad about the white plaster finish. So I’m waiting for the next phase.

I had a snoop myself. I liked the contemporary ones myself. Redbrick at the front are lovely too.

Can I ask how you found out where the social housing units will and won't go? I can't seem to find any info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Irador222

Hi there, could you post a link to this info please?

Interested in the area myself and would like to find out more thanks!

If you search vote no 1 Thomas Moloney on Facebook it lists the properties available in Mill View

I had a snoop myself. I liked the contemporary ones myself. Redbrick at the front are lovely too.

Can I ask how you found out where the social housing units will and won't go? I can't seem to find any info

It was the cream plaster and Red Brick I was looking at. The contemporary were the white ones mainly in Mill View (still one left last time I checked). There’s some white contemporary and red brick coming up in Butler’s View next.

As for the social housing I don’t think they’re really allowed to say so they may say it in a round about way.

Looks like a lovely estate either way.

The estate does look lovely but any O Flynn estate I’ve been to as always been nice. There are two builders an engineer recommended that he wouldn’t be worried about clients buying off and O Flynn was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Billythekid19

Re the social housing in ballinglanna I wouldn't be too worried about where they are located. The majority of council tenants moving into new builds will be working families in low paid jobs so are decent working class people.

It was the cream plaster and Red Brick I was looking at. The contemporary were the white ones mainly in Mill View (still one left last time I checked). There’s some white contemporary and red brick coming up in Butler’s View next.

As for the social housing I don’t think they’re really allowed to say so they may say it in a round about way.

Looks like a lovely estate either way.

I drove up there once and really liked where it was. Reminds me of Mount oval in rochestown.

Re the social housing in ballinglanna I wouldn't be too worried about where they are located. The majority of council tenants moving into new builds will be working families in low paid jobs so are decent working class people.

Ya I feel bad even asking. Its just all the saving you do to get the cash together and my neighbours at the mo are not people I'd like to live beside for good.
    Totally over thinking it

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Shoden

You might have nightmare neighbours that have paid every penny for their homes. It's a lotto!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 05rblake

Does anyone know if the building has been halted due to the lockdown? I know that non essential construction has stopped but is there a chance that all the houses are still going ahead because there are some social housing in the estate?

05rblake wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the building has been halted due to the lockdown? I know that non essential construction has stopped but is there a chance that all the houses are still going ahead because there are some social housing in the estate?

Well the next phase is being released in March and ready in 10 months so I’d assume building is going ahead. I’m not sure if there is any social housing in this phase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 lenovo1

Well the next phase is being released in March and ready in 10 months so I’d assume building is going ahead. I’m not sure if there is any social housing in this phase.

Is Butler's View the next phase? Do you know how they are released? As in does the pricing go up before offers can be made. I imagine there is high demand but we will still need time to make a decision.

Advertisement