Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭DvB

As the staff Christmas party was cancelled last year the same venue has held onto our deposit and we have the place booked for this Christmas so here's hoping.

Roll on the 11th of December ha ha :)

Oh, wouldnt it be great if we could do the normal stuff this christmas.

Though looking at the vaccine calculator online last night it was telling me I'm due my first shot in September this year, with me second one in June 2022:eek: So unless we seriously get our act together on the vaccinations I'm already concerned for the coming year.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh lads I feel ye on the lack of sleep! Between little man teething badly and the dog randomly whinging during the night, we're wrecked!

Had a productive enough morning though. Got out for a walk and have a homemade fish pie in the oven now for little one...he's the only one in the house that eats fish!

Relaxing now before I've to make lunch :)

jellybear wrote: »
    Awh lads I feel ye on the lack of sleep! Between little man teething badly and the dog randomly whinging during the night, we're wrecked!

Had a productive enough morning though. Got out for a walk and have a homemade fish pie in the oven now for little one...he's the only one in the house that eats fish!

Relaxing now before I've to make lunch :)

That sounds so much more fulfilling than being sat at a PC reacting to emails & attending zoom meetings!

Love fish pie, mmmmmm.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Snap jellybear, I have a fish pie in progress for my little one too! We're having left over stiffado my favourite but I do love fish pie!

Mutleyboo wrote: »
    Snap jellybear, I have a fish pie in progress for my little one too! We're having left over stiffado my favourite but I do love fish pie!

I had to google stiffado as I'd never heard of it, sounds yum!!

I'm telling you, little one eats better than us!! Everything made from scratch...lucky duck!

I got an early birthday present from my husband as it was too big to hide! This beauty....

Love that picture! The colours are amazing, feels like it should be a happy place where you go to wander! Love it!

Love that picture! The colours are amazing, feels like it should be a happy place where you go to wander! Love it!

That's exactly how it makes me feel!:D It's already hanging proudly over our bed. I love his work. I have 9 pieces now...I have a bit of an addiction!!

Oh and I'm starting the Easter celebrations early. Mini eggs shall be my treat tomorrow evening :D I just need to resist opening them till then!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I realised when dusting this morning that I still have my Christmas cards up :D

Might leave them up a bit longer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Autosport wrote: »
    I realised when dusting this morning that I still have my Christmas cards up :D

Might leave them up a bit longer :)

Was grabbing a glass from the press earlier without looking and pulled out one that Elf1 had stuck a Santa sticker on at Christmas and we obviously never took off.

Gave me a much needed smile :)

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    Was grabbing a glass from the press earlier without looking and pulled out one that Elf1 had stuck a Santa sticker on at Christmas and we obviously never took off.

Gave me a much needed smile :)

Reminds me of my dog appearing with her festive teddy earlier looking to play while I was talking to work on the phone, she kept squeaking it at me, while I did my best to remain professional :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Eskie, your post gave me a giggle.
    jellybear, your hubby has great taste.

Enjoying a coffee here with the doggy by my side. Feeling hopeful after a message from my sister. She’s in England and we haven’t hugged in a year. Yesterday, she got the vaccine and I’m dreaming of the day she is back home with us. Can’t wait.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's cold out there this morning! Proper fresh winter morning.

Loughc wrote: »
    It's cold out there this morning! Proper fresh winter morning.

Definitely getting out for a walk after work, ideally before the rain arrives!

A beautiful sunrise this morning!! Here's a lovely picture a neighbour of mine took :)

A beautiful sunrise this morning!! Here's a lovely picture a neighbour of mine took :)

The colours in that picture are fabulous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

ooh that's lovely jellybear, we didn't have anything like that in these parts this morning!

Wow! That's stunning! Chilly and crisp here but no frost :(

Yeah it's a fab pic! A good few neighbours put up pictures in our WhatsApp group of it :) Tis frosty here so just wrapping up warm before I head out for my walk :)

Wow! That's stunning! Chilly and crisp here but no frost :(

Same here in D15

Back to the cold weather here as well. Temperature been up and down the last while.

Have a growing pain in my gum since yesterday afternoon. Was wake during the night with it and all swollen and yellow looking this morning. Has abscess written all over it. Have emergency appointment with dentist at 10am. Wish me luck!!!

• Advertisement

Back to the cold weather here as well. Temperature been up and down the last while.

Have a growing pain in my gum since yesterday afternoon. Was wake during the night with it and all swollen and yellow looking this morning. Has abscess written all over it. Have emergency appointment with dentist at 10am. Wish me luck!!!

ooh, dont envy you that, they can be incredibly painful. Fingers crossed it'll be a straightforward antibiotic to treat with no underlying issues that require treatment to the tooth itself (been there, not nice)

Fingers crossed it goes well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    ooh, dont envy you that, they can be incredibly painful. Fingers crossed it'll be a straightforward antibiotic to treat with no underlying issues that require treatment to the tooth itself (been there, not nice)

Fingers crossed it goes well.

+1 with what DvB says.

You did the right thing going straight in getting it looked at, hopefully it can be drained and antibiotics and nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭antimatterx

The revenue site is fecked, obviously everyone trying to check what they owe. I'm lucky that I only owe 5c, there's a chap on Reddit who owes 3K.

The revenue site is fecked, obviously everyone trying to check what they owe. I'm lucky that I only owe 5c, there's a chap on Reddit who owes 3K.

Remember the fear of God when I saw a brown harp letter arriving in the door one Summer. I’d have everything above board but still ...
    Turned out they owed me money. Postman still jokes about THAT letter!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The dog and the squeaky toy. :D
    Wow!! Amazing.

Hope the dentist appointment went okay for you, TRS!

I had to google stiffado as I'd never heard of it, sounds yum!!

I'm telling you, little one eats better than us!! Everything made from scratch...lucky duck!

I got an early birthday present from my husband as it was too big to hide! This beauty....

So I just went on to his website, bad idea... how did you choose just 9! There are so many amazing prints. I have to get one but the choice is so tough..

So I just went on to his website, bad idea... how did you choose just 9! There are so many amazing prints. I have to get one but the choice is so tough..

Ooohhh you've great taste!!:D We have a mix of animal and landscapes. I would absolutely love 'Frenchie', the cow with the pink background, but I don't have any room for it!!
    I also got the cow placemats and coasters off my sister for Christmas :D Yep, I'm a tad obsessed!!

Thanks guys. Gum infected under tooth so antibiotics for next 5 days. Looks like root canal on the cards in the near future :(

Going to try and finish up a couple of work things and then lie down for a bit before taking over from the OH. She's been a trooper with them all day so far.

Enjoy the weekend guys and will try to pop on on the phone at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m dreading looking at mine :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hope you feel better soon TRS30. Get well soon. It's a really miserable day today. Did a shop in Lidl this morning and thankfully there wasn't too many there. I think it's a day for the fire.

• Advertisement

Oh TRS30 that's awful :( Hope you're feeling better soon.

I've no idea how I'm staying awake at the minute...eyes feel like bags of sand!!:( Early to bed for me tonight!!

Happy Friday all!!:)

Just back from a nice long walk after finishing at 4, counted 9 house with their christmas lights still up & on. More than i expected TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well all I can say is thank crunchie its Friday!

What a week, wrecked felt like three weeks rather than one.

Wfh and minding a 4 year old is tough. Hats off to people here doing it with two or three kids!

I think I need to pace myself better next week and at least have a lunch break!

Just relaxing after a nice takeaway.

TRS30 nothing worse than tooth infection. I got a very serve one years ago after tooth extraction + pain for two weeks was worse than giving birth!

Thanks guys. Gum infected under tooth so antibiotics for next 5 days.
    Oh nooo, you poor thing. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hope the drugs are working TRS30!

Mixed day here, bad job news but then a surprise birthday present arrived by courier from a friend. Really cheered me up.

Bought myself a Lego White House for my birthday so that's my big plan for the weekend. Have my NCT tomorrow evening though. Fingers crossed!

Oh, sorry to hear, Caranica. :(

Hope the car gets good news tomorrow! And enjoy the White House! :)

Caranica wrote: »

Mixed day here, bad job news but then a surprise birthday present arrived by courier from a friend. Really cheered me up.

Bought myself a Lego White House for my birthday so that's my big plan for the weekend. Have my NCT tomorrow evening though. Fingers crossed!

Best of luck for the NCT and I hope your Lego White House came with a Lego trump so you can kick him out of it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭appledrop

Caranica wrote: »

Sorry to hear that Caranica about the job. As my father always used to say to us when job hunting to cheer us up 'what's for you wont pass you' so hopefully the right job will come up for you!

My husband also had his nct this week and passed so hope you are the same. There is no waiting room anymore so its quicker in one way as you wait in car till it is literally going in but then you are outside till finished so bring a warm coat!

appledrop wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Caranica about the job. As my father always used to say to us when job hunting to cheer us up 'what's for you wont pass you' so hopefully the right job will come up for you!

My husband also had his nct this week and passed so hope you are the same. There is no waiting room anymore so its quicker in one way as you wait in car till it is literally going in but then you are outside till finished so bring a warm coat!

That’s tough Caranica.
    appledrop, I’m bringing my lady to the NCT soon. I’ll miss the waiting room banter as strangers traded stories of car woes and crossed everything as we awaited the results. Only positive about having to do the NCT is a trip to the local mechanic, Magic Mike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

appledrop wrote: »

Thanks for that. There's no definitive information anywhere only that you "might" have to wait outside. I got the car serviced when I was at home at Christmas and the guy is brilliant, have never had a car he serviced fail yet and I'm hoping it's the same. Need to empty the boot tomorrow and get the car washed, do seatbelts etc, haven't driven it in nearly two weeks!

Into the 40s in the weekly countdown and won’t be long before we will be in the 330s in the daily one.

I haven't even started my shopping yet! :eek:

Into the 40s in the weekly countdown and won’t be long before we will be in the 330s in the daily one.

1st March = 299 days... never feels so bad once we get out of the 300's

DvB wrote: »
    1st March = 299 days... never feels so bad once we get out of the 300's

This is true! March is a good time of year first bank holiday, longer evenings, nicer weather, Easter coming and then a list of bank holidays on the horizon.

And then once September hits....

And then once September hits....

Yippee kye A!!

• Advertisement

From the time it's 100/99 days to Christmas, it's a complete blur! Sep - Dec goes faster the month of January.

Posy wrote: »
    From the time it's 100/99 days to Christmas, it's a complete blur! Sep - Dec goes faster the month of January.

Every year without fail.

I think that's why I try and enjoy Christmassy things all year round- it just goes too fast when it's actually Christmas! :<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Yep, I feel like I blinked and now it's over.

I think that's why I try and enjoy Christmassy things all year round- it just goes too fast when it's actually Christmas! :<

Completely agree. I only get time to appreciate Christmas when it’s not Christmas season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement