Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Smart phone now

• 18-02-2019 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭

Looking for recommendations on phones....

I always had Samsung Galaxy's except for my last phone, Google Pixel 2 XL, loved it, couldn't really fault it except found the bigger phone a bit clumsy at times.

I am thinking to go back to something a touch smaller, so the Pixel 3?
    Or is the Huawei Mate 20 worth looking at? (I know its bigger!!)
    Perhaps wait on S10 or are you just paying for the brand name?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

It's very subjective, might help if you tell us what features are important to you and what's your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I wouldn't say you're just paying for brand name with Samsung at all. Their phones are completely unrivalled in terms of innovation and features imo. Just look at the S10, the amazing screen, triple cameras, bigger battery, in display fingerprint scanner, wireless charging, top notch specs, all the while still keeping stuff like expandable storage, IP68, and the headphone jack.

I'd say it really depends on your budget. Whether you feel it's worth spending ~900e to get the extra features on the S10 over something like the OP6T which still does all the essentials brilliantly and costs much less.

what I will say is if you had he Pixel 2XL before then you might find it hard to go back to Samsung. The google version of Android is (unsurprisingly) the best version and it can be difficult to switch to something as heavily modified as the Samsung version after being on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

It's very subjective, might help if you tell us what features are important to you and what's your budget.

Don't really have a budget but want a good phone for the price.
    At the moment Pixel 3 is €649 and S10 is €919

Good camera
    Fingerprint reader
    Wireless charging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭PATJOE

Cina wrote: »
    I wouldn't say you're just paying for brand name with Samsung at all. Their phones are completely unrivalled in terms of innovation and features imo. Just look at the S10, the amazing screen, triple cameras, bigger battery, in display fingerprint scanner, wireless charging, top notch specs, all the while still keeping stuff like expandable storage, IP68, and the headphone jack.

I'd say it really depends on your budget. Whether you feel it's worth spending ~900e to get the extra features on the S10 over something like the OP6T which still does all the essentials brilliantly and costs much less.

what I will say is if you had he Pixel 2XL before then you might find it hard to go back to Samsung. The google version of Android is (unsurprisingly) the best version and it can be difficult to switch to something as heavily modified as the Samsung version after being on it.

You make the S10 Sound good!! I do like the 128 storage.
    I do really like the Pixel, great phone. I'm going to go down in size as I did find the XL a bit clumsy to use with 1 hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

• Advertisement
Advertisement