Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Build in 20 Years - Help!

Options
  • 13-02-2019 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi all

Looking to build my first PC in the last 20 years or so. Back then, I'd have been able to tell you all about the latest CPU's etc but now, not so much. What I've outlined below is a starting point, and I'd like to keep the build as future-proof as possible, but also leaving open as many upgrade paths as possible.

1. What is your budget? €1,100

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming - Triple A games all the way through to emulation, along with some light home video editing and day to day browsing etc. Potentially use as a media server, too, but not a definite.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Not at this point in time - however, will look to go with a 2560 x 1440 or 3840 x 1440 at some point in the next year

5a. If yes, what size do you need. N/A

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? Currently 1920 x 1080, but upgrade will happen within next year

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Just a network adapter (home is powerlined)

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Sure, why not

8. How can you pay? All methods

9. When are you purchasing? ASAP

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Dublin

Advertisement