Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 8.1

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I've noticed that on my Nokia 7 Plus recently too.

I don't suppose you have found a solution AC? :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I don't suppose you have found a solution AC? :)

Only started looking since I seen your post and found this.

Settings -> Display -> Advanced -> Ambient Display -> New Notifications

Mine was set to periodically. I've changed it to Once so hopefully that sorts it.

Only started looking since I seen your post and found this.

Settings -> Display -> Advanced -> Ambient Display -> New Notifications

Mine was set to periodically. I've changed it to Once so hopefully that sorts it.

Unfortunately, my new notifications is a toggle, not a menu.
    It can only be set to on or off :(

https://imgur.com/a/Q6mOKAK

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

what software version are you folks on?
    Still stuck on the Jan security update running the 00WW_2_47A_SP01 build. Am wondering if that's the same for anyone else?

Yeah, I'm on the same build!
    Pretty poor show from an Android One device if I'm honest :(

Yeah, I'm on the same build!
    Pretty poor show from an Android One device if I'm honest :(

I have the same ambient notification settings as you. I'd guess AlmightyCushion has a different version to us.
    I got mine from Amazon.co.uk from some 3rd part seller. Pretty sure they sold me a Taiwanese version. From the looks of the thread, you got yours from eglobal? figure we have the same hardware version if so and if that's the case, we appear to be on a really slow update cycle.

I have the same ambient notification settings as you. I'd guess AlmightyCushion has a different version to us.
    I got mine from Amazon.co.uk from some 3rd part seller. Pretty sure they sold me a Taiwanese version. From the looks of the thread, you got yours from eglobal? figure we have the same hardware version if so and if that's the case, we appear to be on a really slow update cycle.

I have the global dual sim version, TA-1119 but the build is WW which means worldwide and the cycles should be close enough in most regions.
    I'm pretty sure AC has a 7plus, not the 8.1 which is why their menu is different :)

What I mean is that I think all 8.1 users are on the same software build right now :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah I have a Nokia 7 Plus, not an 8.1. I seen marcbrophy's post and I noticed the same thing on my phone. The 8.1 must not have the same option which is a bit shít. My 7 Plus is on the February security update. It's possible it's included in that for all phones and once the 8.1 gets the February security update, the 8.1 will get that option.

Yeah I have a Nokia 7 Plus, not an 8.1. I seen marcbrophy's post and I noticed the same thing on my phone. The 8.1 must not have the same option which is a bit shít. My 7 Plus is on the February security update. It's possible it's included in that for all phones and once the 8.1 gets the February security update, the 8.1 will get that option.

Here's hoping! :D

• Advertisement

Here's hoping! :D

I'd say the news about the 7.1 sending info to some server in China has put the brakes on software updates. I'd say they want to be 100% sure that "bug" doesn't repeat.

I'd say the news about the 7.1 sending info to some server in China has put the brakes on software updates. I'd say they want to be 100% sure that "bug" doesn't repeat.

Oh yeah!
    Forgot about that :)

Just a heads up - I just got the V2.590 update there. Installing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Mee too

Anyone going to try the dev preview of Android Q?

I might put it on and see what it has to offer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Down to 340 euro on Argos now. Good deal? D

• Advertisement

rizzee wrote: »
    Down to 340 euro on Argos now. Good deal? D

The steel coloured one is £280 an Amazon so works out slightly cheaper. Still seems like good value from Argos.

Got Android 10 official pushed through to the phone this morning!

Very fast, fair play to Nokia!
    A day before it's officially announced by Google :D

Advertisement