Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mate 20 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

S9 has a great camera as it is. I'd say you'd be hard pushed to notice a difference. The battery on the S9 is poor though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

dan786 wrote: »
    Three have been horrible so far. They havent got a clue.

I made a thread there , if anyone wants to send in some support etc haha.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057932928

Got this phone yesterday and loving it so far. Was a gift but herself purchased it from Three, worrying if any issues occur! Did you get any further with this Dan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

My mate is on his 3rd one and is sending it back again. All green screen issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Seen all these green screen issues makes me happy that I kept my mate 10 Pro for another while.

Roll on the p30 Pro with 5g!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

This has put me right off..

I love the fingerprint scanner under the display although, if the screen cracks it's unusable.

Was either buying a mate 20 pro or a 6t. Think I might go with the 20x...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

beardo81 wrote: »
    Got this phone yesterday and loving it so far. Was a gift but herself purchased it from Three, worrying if any issues occur! Did you get any further with this Dan?

They wanted me to post it for repair which I kept refusing for obvious reasons. Rang Huawei they gave a ref number but Three still said their policy is to send it to technician and then back to manufacturer for replacement which will take 2 weeks, again refused the same.

After 3 days of phone calls , I said if I dont get an update I will be going to the store and wont be leaving the store till they replace it. They said as it was online order so cant be replaced in store , again I refused to post it back.

I gave them till 1pm last Thursday and told them if I dont get a proper answer and resolution I will be going to the store and waiting till they replace. They finally gave in and said they are going to send a replacement to the store and I can bring the faulty one there.

I collected the replacement Friday, now the good thing is the return was online but the replacement was through store, so now if any issues the store will have to replace it immediately.

Edit: The replacement has a BOE screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

clacks wrote: »
    Anyone order from amazon with the promotion? I just got an email saying my promotion claim was rejected because I'm not resident in the UK. I got the phone delivered to parcel motel, and asked for the charger and watched to be delivered there too. Not too happy..
    Anyone have a successful claim?

By any chance was this Dual sim? I just got a P20 pro with a work upgrade and had my fingers crossed it was a dual sim model but they only sell the single sim P20.

IBrows89 wrote:
    By any chance was this Dual sim? I just got a P20 pro with a work upgrade and had my fingers crossed it was a dual sim model but they only sell the single sim P20.

Nope, if ordered from a network in the UK or Ireland will only have single SIM

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭IBrows89

tedpan wrote: »
    Nope, if ordered from a network in the UK or Ireland will only have single SIM

I thought the same, really frustrating that all the UK carriers do this. I have to get an upgrade, sell the single sim to then get a dual sim. Don't like carrying two phones around all the time..

IBrows89 wrote:
    I thought the same, really frustrating that all the UK carriers do this. I have to get an upgrade, sell the single sim to then get a dual sim. Don't like carrying two phones around all the time..

Did it arrive, if so how are you getting on with it?

I see they're 799 on adverts now.

• Advertisement

Only opened my replacement one from Three with BOE screen, never used the phone. Just ordered the 6T Mclaren so if anyones looking for one 800.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

dan786 wrote: »
    They wanted me to post it for repair which I kept refusing for obvious reasons. Rang Huawei they gave a ref number but Three still said their policy is to send it to technician and then back to manufacturer for replacement which will take 2 weeks, again refused the same.

After 3 days of phone calls , I said if I dont get an update I will be going to the store and wont be leaving the store till they replace it. They said as it was online order so cant be replaced in store , again I refused to post it back.

I gave them till 1pm last Thursday and told them if I dont get a proper answer and resolution I will be going to the store and waiting till they replace. They finally gave in and said they are going to send a replacement to the store and I can bring the faulty one there.

I collected the replacement Friday, now the good thing is the return was online but the replacement was through store, so now if any issues the store will have to replace it immediately.

Edit: The replacement has a BOE screen.

How do you go about checking the screen type?

How do you go about checking the screen type?

This app on the play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.andr7e.deviceinfohw

dan786 wrote:
    Only opened my replacement one from Three with BOE screen, never used the phone. Just ordered the 6T Mclaren so if anyones looking for one 800.

Did you get the OP McLaren?

Did you get the OP McLaren?

Yes delivered this morning. They are having delays with some parcels as I ordered a few wireless bullets using my free points and they are still have not moved since Thursday. But not too worries about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I can pick up a dual sim version of this for about €850 in Bangkok. Very tempted. Are the screen issues resolved in newer batches or is it pot luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Got one off Three about 3 weeks ago, the phone came with a BOE screen, no messing about with an LG screen. Phone is absolutely unbelievable, camera is lit and it's blazing fast. Nicest yoke I ever owned.

I can pick up a dual sim version of this for about €850 in Bangkok. Very tempted. Are the screen issues resolved in newer batches or is it pot luck?

They're 799e in Ireland :D

They're 799e in Ireland :D

Where can I get a dual sim for €799?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Do you need a dual sim?

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    Do you need a dual sim?

Yeah. I do. Currently have the HTC U11 dual sim.

Picked up the dual sim for €870 in Bangkok. I'll get about 50 back as a VAT refund. BOE screen. Amazing phone. Hard to put it down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Got one from Eir shop.
    Came with a promo white box, Google Assistant thing...can I sell the "sneaky listener" on adverts !?

rolion wrote: »
    Got one from Eir shop.
    Came with a promo white box, Google Assistant thing...can I sell the "sneaky listener" on adverts !?

"Sneaky listener", after buying a Huawei. The mind boggles :D

Patww79 wrote: »
    "Sneaky listener", after buying a Huawei. The mind boggles :D

Well,seeing that everyone tries to fcuk up Huawei, i got pissed and I bought/upgraded one handset for everyone on the house to try to find that piece of evidence... with KIS detection program.

Be good...a good person is a happy one ! :)

We give out about Huawei saying they spy on is.

Facebook openly sells our data.

Google sells or data.

While in the USA the government can tap into people's phones any time they won't.

Do you really think Huawei are any worse?. Just because they are the chinnise?.

We are told by the media the russions and chinnise are evil and the amaicans are the best. They are as bad as each other and will do what ever they won't!!

Google sells or data.

While in the USA the government can tap into people's phones any time they won't.

We are told by the media the russions and chinnise are evil and the amaicans are the best. They are as bad as each other and will do what ever they won't!!

At least if the Chinese are spying on me they won't give the data to the Americans!

Google sells or data.

Indeed they are no worse, I just found it comical that someone had the tinfoil hat on for a Google Home (with a physical mute button) and isn't worried at all by a Huawei (or near any other) device.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Finally getting my hands on the Mate Pro 20. On contract but since my existing phone is about 3 years old, I think I deserve it :)

As for whoever is listening, monitoring my phone, emails, web usage etc, if that's what they are doing all day, they are going to be bored silly as my life is not that interesting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Got one off Three about 3 weeks ago, the phone came with a BOE screen, no messing about with an LG screen. Phone is absolutely unbelievable, camera is lit and it's blazing fast. Nicest yoke I ever owned.

-If I order with Three prepay will I get a BOE screen?

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

As for whoever is listening, monitoring my phone, emails, web usage etc, if that's what they are doing all day, they are going to be bored silly as my life is not that interesting :D

Enjoy the new phone...you will love it.

In respect to last paragraph, get a nice bottle of wine and go and watch this movie made in 1998.... link HERE
    Then,come back in the future in 2019 and guess what kind of technology is out there...and how "you" as an historical analytic element potential person of interest, step by step is been built.

Take care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Where would the best price for this be at the moment, not bill pay ?

is the €899 with Three a good deal (i'm already with Three) or are there much better ones out there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

My mate was on his 6th (yes Sixth) one due to the dodgy screen problems. Car phone warehouse gave him a full refund today and he got to keep his free watch! Happy days. Another is on his 3rd but its a case of 3rd time lucky as he has the correct screen eventually .

rizzee wrote: »
    My mate was on his 6th (yes Sixth) one due to the dodgy screen problems. Car phone warehouse gave him a full refund today and he got to keep his free watch! Happy days. Another is on his 3rd but its a case of 3rd time lucky as he has the correct screen eventually .

really, that many problems ! may have to rethink getting one !! just curious is it the LG screen or the other type giving problems, and which one do we get in Ireland

• Advertisement

739 in Argos for Twilight.

dan786 wrote:
    739 in Argos for Twilight.

I know it's 739 euro, but that should be a bargain alert Dan..

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

I know it's 739 euro, but that should be a bargain alert Dan..

Everywhere put of stock it seems

jay28 wrote: »

It was in over 10 stores when I check. Now gone everywhere. It looks like a price error. The Black is 300 more which doesnt make sense.

jay28 wrote:

In Drogheda and Dundalk earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Gone now, if anyone has a reservation and doesn't want it, ide be interested

went ahead and bought it , not sure if i'm foolish. will report back when it's delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

For myself today! Loving the phone, very different to my HTC. Anyway am trying hide some apps in the app drawer, don't want to uninstall them just not have them in the list of apps. Could do this easily on my Htc and cannot for the life of me find out how to do this here. Possible?

got it myself yesterday , still messing about with it, but very fast phone, and a savage battery. charging is very fast too.

not sure how to hide the apps , i had a lot from my old phone, I just started deleting some, and making lots of folders for the rest !!

Don't want to delete or uninstall, just don't want them in the apps list, I am still trying to figure it out!

Is three still giveing the free smart watch and witless charger

Has anyone taken the plunge and bought the nano sd card for this phone? I want it,because I want it, and my son tells me I don't need it, but I still want it :D

Can I move apps to it?

dragona wrote:
    Can I move apps to it?

Why would you want to move apps to it? You should get one and store all your photos on the card.

dragona wrote: »
    Has anyone taken the plunge and bought the nano sd card for this phone? I want it,because I want it, and my son tells me I don't need it, but I still want it :D

Can I move apps to it?

Why would you possibly need to move apps to an SD card on a 128 GB phone?

Why would you want to move apps to it? You should get one and store all your photos on the card.

Why? They're all stored in Google Photos anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement