Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids on pitch after final whistle

Options
  • 18-02-2019 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Could anyone tell me which pitches in Munster allow kids on after the final whistle in Munster Championship matches?

I know at Semple Stadium kids are allowed on and can puck around at full time. I don't believe this is allowed now at Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

Anyone know of this is allowed in Limerick and Ennis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Could anyone tell me which pitches in Munster allow kids on after the final whistle in Munster Championship matches?

I know at Semple Stadium kids are allowed on and can puck around at full time. I don't believe this is allowed now at Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

Definately allowed in Limerick anway, as the pitch is usually swamped with kids after the final whistle. Both stands don't have a fence between them and pitchside, which make it easy. Sometimes if there's a big game the following week they may appeal to 'patrons' to stay off the pitch. This usually falls on deaf years anyway.😊ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Allowed in Ennis too. It's one of the great things about a gaa match imo.
    Was disappointing they wouldn't let kids on the field in PUC, but considering the current state of the place, not as surprising as it was on the day. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭caddy16

tototoe wrote: »
    Allowed in Ennis too. It's one of the great things about a gaa match imo.
    Was disappointing they wouldn't let kids on the field in PUC, but considering the current state of the place, not as surprising as it was on the day. Lol

Most definitely not allowed in Ennis, tis like Fort knox to get past the powers that be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

caddy16 wrote: »
    Most definitely not allowed in Ennis, tis like Fort knox to get past the powers that be.

Depends on the game, the time of year and schedule of upcoming matches, this time of year not a hope will you be let on the pitch cause of the powers that be thinking that a few kids will do more damage than 30 grown men.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Whatever about full time, on a recent trip to Semple Stadium, kids were told/asked to stay off the pitch at half time. None dissented. Pitch was in poor shape in fairness.

This was during a football game mind you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement