Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-11-2019, 21:27   #1
KathleenF

When the bass drops

At the end of my tether here, looking for any advice or people’s previous experiences in a similar situation. I’m in a terraced house which I own. One one side there’s an family of four, also homeowners, who I rarely hear a peep from and get on well with, and on the other side a homeowner family of four (kids are under 7) where the parents are fond of loud parties and subwoofers. I have already asked them on previous party nights to turn down the music but this has never gone down well with them and relations are unfortunately now non-existent. They now appear to have bought a fairly powerful subwoofer that pumps out bass which comes directly through my wall and is causing me immense stress, tension, and is severely impacting the quiet enjoyment of my property that I am supposedly entitled to. I am going to FLAC this week for advice and will be contacting the local council too. They have neighbours on the other side who I’m going to have a word with and see if they are affected as much as me, but I don’t think so as the layout of their house is different to mine. I don’t want to revert to pumping up the bass on my side as ‘a taste of their own medicine’ and see if that works but as this stage I’m fairly desperate and the only other options appear to be 1) move (can’t afford to) 2) invest in expensive soundproofing that may or may not work 3) quickly go insane

I would sincerely appreciate anyone else’s POV on this. I realise noisy neighbour threads are ten-a-penny but I also rent out a room in my house and my renter has told me they will move out if this isn’t solved in some way as they can’t sleep and find the sound as intrusive as I do. Thanks for reading if you made it this far!
Advertisement
30-11-2019, 21:44   #2
the_syco

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenF View Post
as they can’t sleep and find the sound as intrusive as I do
What are the days & times that they do they play noise at?
01-12-2019, 00:45   #3

keep a written record of everything, take a case against them in court, look up noise complaints, try get the people on the other side to join in, unlikely they cannot hear the bass due to the layout, they might not know you are bothered too.
In my experience, people dont want to get involved generally, but Id be astonished they are not affected,
Thanks from:
01-12-2019, 17:23   #4
KathleenF

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_syco View Post
What are the days & times that they do they play noise at?
Weekends mainly, could start at 10pm and go on until 6am. Happens midweek too
01-12-2019, 17:25   #5
KathleenF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1874 View Post
keep a written record of everything, take a case against them in court, look up noise complaints, try get the people on the other side to join in, unlikely they cannot hear the bass due to the layout, they might not know you are bothered too.
In my experience, people dont want to get involved generally, but Id be astonished they are not affected,
Cheers, have been keeping a record and looks like it’ll be heading to court alright. Too stressful to keep going the way it is. Whether other neighbour wants to get involved or not I can’t stick it any longer.
Advertisement
01-12-2019, 22:30   #6
Brego888

4 kids under 7 and they are having parties most weekends from 10pm til 6am?
02-12-2019, 00:08   #7
the_syco

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenF View Post
Weekends mainly, could start at 10pm and go on until 6am. Happens midweek too
Have a look at https://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...gulations.html
Thanks from:
02-12-2019, 00:09   #8
Mrs OBumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brego888 View Post
4 kids under 7 and they are having parties most weekends from 10pm til 6am?
If true, then report to Tusla.
02-12-2019, 17:03   #9
ohlordy

Buy a decibel meter to back up your record?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DecentGadge.../dp/B00ERQC7Y0
Advertisement
03-12-2019, 12:55   #10
Homer

Buy an ever bigger subwoofer and (presumably when they go to bed at 7am because they have no jobs) as you head out the door to work place it against the party wall and see how they like it. Ignorant cnuts need a taste of their own medicine. Only way to deal with them.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion