Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whitehall-Drogheda

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

lennymc wrote: »
    Two hours home in the wet. Left at five so still daylight. Still a good few close passes and usual craziness. May not be super hot doing it in pitch black.
    I found when I wore a full reflective jacket (on those roads) there were a lot less close passes, compared to when I used only lights.
    Interesting that. I was gonna say to use decent (dynamo) lights and you'll look more like a motorbike in the dark and might get better behaviour in consequence.
    Not to totally derail the thread, but has anyone ever seen a mix reflective/fluorescent versions of the above jacket? Whenever I see anyone at twilight, the reflective jackets seem to blend in lots.
    I saw one this morning on the commute. The back was full reflective/grey while shoulders and arms were yellow hi-vis. The hi-vis portion across the shoulders was not that visible because the rider's posture made it almost horizontal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

from my limited exposure to them, i think they work better on country roads, where motorists are more likely to be driving with full beams on?
    which probably suits HarryBelafonte's purposes anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

from my limited exposure to them, i think they work better on country roads, where motorists are more likely to be driving with full beams on?
    which probably suits HarryBelafonte's purposes anyway.

Yes, but a lot of that reflective material will be covered by the bag I've to wear. So at least the sleeves will work.

Though, and I'm loath to say this, I think all the close passes I had the last time were by drivers who were well aware of my presence.

Advertisement