Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SwiftSMS - Simply sending Beautiful Webtexts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

Just tested it fluffy, works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Glad to hear it!!
    Thanks all for testing and reporting.

Looks like Vodafone switched back to their old Captcha system :-(
    Talk about nightmares.

I'll have an updated version out ASAP that hopefully will support both captcha systems.
    Sorry about the downtime guys.

I pushed another updated last night that should be able to handle both the old style (currently in use) and the recaptcha system that was trialled during the week.

Tested that update and it works.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Vodafone moved back to recaptcha. Swiftsms is displaying the recaptcha perfectly but wont send the message. Anybody else having the same problem?

Edit : Nevermind it is not working through the Vodafone website neither.

I am :-(
    Thanks for letting us know!
    I'll take a look and see what's going on

Its a Vodafone problem fluffy.

Yes it seems so, I can't send texts from their website atm.
    I'll try keep an eye on it and keep ye updated.

Looks like Vodafone have went back to their old captcha again.
    SwiftSMS & all the other webtext apps should be working.

Again, thanks for letting us know PeteFalk78 :)

• Advertisement

Officially supporting storing sent messages on tablets, unofficially :)

I've been working on a "Recent Contacts" feature in SwiftSMS the last few days and today I noticed something funky.

A little background.
    Instead of keeping our own database of recent contacts the app will read your recent contacts from the built-in Android SMS database, makes sense right...? So while testing this out on my Nexus 7 everything worked smoothly. Great I thought and on I went with other things.
    Then after a while it hit me, wait a minute, how does the tablet read the recent contacts from the SMS database when it doesn't have one??!?!?

So I went and installed 8sms (a glorified version of the stock SMS app) on the Nexus 7 and sure enough all my sent SMS messages were there in the app.

So anyone looking to have that functionality you can try it out and see, hopefully this will work on all tablets and other non-phone Android devices.
    If you try it out let us know it if works for you, thanks!

And for those of you wondering .. any feedback on the layout welcome!

302849.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Officially supporting storing sent messages on tablets, unofficially :)

Then after a while it hit me, wait a minute, how does the tablet read the recent contacts from the SMS database when it doesn't have one??!?!?

So I went and installed 8sms (a glorified version of the stock SMS app) on the Nexus 7 and sure enough all my sent SMS messages were there in the app.

So anyone looking to have that functionality you can try it out and see, hopefully this will work on all tablets and other non-phone Android devices.
    If you try it out let us know it if works for you, thanks!

I've an Asus MeMo ME301T 10 inch tab running 4.2.1. & yep it works for me. Send a message with Swift SMS & it's stored in 8sms.

That's good to know.
    If this works on most/all other devices we might be able to use it in a later release for some stuff.

I like when a plan comes together :)

Chanced my arm and sent an SMS to a foreign number.
    You even handle the code required.

Great work Fluffy.

Thanks murphyme2010!!
    Don't forget robtec ;)

It's great to have happy customers :)

Just did an Swiftsms update and it wont start. Just says Swiftsms stopped working. Tried uninstall/install but still the same. If I try to report error it crashes play store too. I'll try make a few screen grabs if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Just did an Swiftsms update and it wont start. Just says Swiftsms stopped working. Tried uninstall/install but still the same. If I try to report error it crashes play store too. I'll try make a few screen grabs if it helps.
    Am having the same problems too since updating an hour ago.

Looks like there is an issue with some devices as it's working fine here .. I'm not sure what's causing it.
    I'll get out an update ASAP with a fix.

Thanks for letting us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philster

Looks like there is an issue with some devices as it's working fine here .. I'm not sure what's causing it.
    I'll get out an update ASAP with a fix.

Thanks for letting us know.
    Phone is a Galaxy S3 and with 3 if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 deiseliving

Hi. Just updated the Swift app on 3. When I try to use the app it just disappears from d screen saying it is not working. It was working fine last night. Why is this happening? On 3. Galaxy s3 :-)

• Advertisement

The recent contacts feature seems to be causing problems on some devices.

A new release (1.4.1) has just been pushed to the play store that will hide the recent contacts feature on devices where it's not working.

The app should be functioning correctly in the new version and we will try get hold of a device to test on to find a more robust solution to the problem.

Very sorry for the downtime guys!!

Still not working! Disappears when you use the app saying not working! Can't use Swift at all!

Hi deiseliving,

Make sure your running version 1.4.1 of SwiftSMS, you can find this by
    Settings > Apps > Downloaded > SwiftSMS

If it's not 1.4.1 completely close the Play Store app then try downloading SwiftSMS again.
    An easy way to tell if your downloading the latest version is look in the Description section on the play store. The version will be listed at the very end of the description (this goes for all apps).

If you are running the latest version, you will be prompted to submit a bug report when the crash happens, if you submit the report we can then look into what's causing the error.

Thanks!

Working with newest 1.4.1 update :-)

Good to hear :-)

Fluffy I removed swiftsms and downloaded the new version. However I'm unable to verify my Vodafone account and unable to progress.

Fluffy I removed swiftsms and downloaded the new version. However I'm unable to verify my Vodafone account and unable to progress.

I've just tried the same and the account added successfully.
    Have you tried logging into the website to ensure that still works?

I've just tried the same and the account added successfully.
    Have you tried logging into the website to ensure that still works?

Can log into the website perfectly.

The "Verify" refresh icon spins for around 30-40 seconds and eventually comes back Red. I've removed app and reinstalled again but no luck.

Can log into the website perfectly.

The "Verify" refresh icon spins for around 30-40 seconds and eventually comes back Red. I've removed app and reinstalled again but no luck.

That sounds like a connection timing out. Are you using data or WiFi? Do websites take forever to load in Chrome?

We have plans to add better success / failure messages to the login page so the app will give you more detail when it can't connect which would help here.
    Make sure your connection to the Internet is stable and try again. If it continues to fail I can give you a version with logging so I can get more details on where it's failing.

• Advertisement

That sounds like a connection timing out. Are you using data or WiFi? Do websites take forever to load in Chrome?

We have plans to add better success / failure messages to the login page so the app will give you more detail when it can't connect which would help here.
    Make sure your connection to the Internet is stable and try again. If it continues to fail I can give you a version with logging so I can get more details on where it's failing.

I've tried both on data and wifi. 3 separate wireless networks in work and at home. The phone is working perfectly from a connection perspective and I've never had any previous issues with it.

I appreciate your help fluffy.

Advertisement